If you have problems using Picard, please first check the following resources:
- For general usage information see the documentation and the illustrated quick start guide
- Read the FAQ for common questions and problems
- Consult the forums.
- Check the download page for a newer version of Picard which might solve your problem
- If the problem is to do with a plugin, check the Picard Plugins for updated plugin versions
Reporting a bug
If you think you have found a bug please check whether you are using the latest version of Picard and whether the bug has already been reported in our bug tracker. If you're not sure or don't want to look through the existing tickets, ask on the forums first.
If you're still convinced you have found a new bug, open a new ticket providing the following information:
- Which version of Picard do you use? (Affects Version in the form)
- Which operating system do you use? (Environment in the form)
- What did you do when the bug occurred?
- What actually happened and what did you expect to happen?
- If you're using plugins, which plugins do you have enabled?
Getting logsFor many bugs, it helps developers to have a log from Picard. You can see the log by going to Help >> View Log. You can also get a full debug log (even better) by starting Picard with -d as a command-line argument. If you're using Windows, you can change your shortcut's Target (right click shortcut >> Properties) to
"C:\Program Files\MusicBrainz Picard\picard.exe" -dPasting this log into your forum post or bug ticket can help developers and other users to resolve your issue more quickly.