I wish to collect info about application/libraries that support ID3v2.4.0 tags. Docs that make up the id3v2.4.0 standard. I also would like to collect tips for people writing code to read/write 2.4.0 tags.
LibrariesI'm mostly intrested in libs that can read AND write id3v2.4.0 tags
- Python library see http://www.travisshirk.net/eyeD3/
- C library see http://www.underbit.com/products/mad/
- Perl package see http://sf.net/projects/pudge/
- comes with a C library called nid3lib (writing RVA2 tags) see http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~cvaill/normalize/
- Python library as part of tunetagger see http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/tunetagger/pyid3/
- C++ library. This is a high level library supporting ID3v1/2, Ogg Vorbis and FLAC see http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/taglib.html
- Python library see http://www.sacredchao.net/quodlibet/wiki/Development/Mutagen
MP3::Info can't write id3v2 tags. It does a good job of reading them, though.
iTune writes some comments with a frame name of 'COM '. See http://use.perl.org/~pudge/journal/10555
Some implementation NULL terminate all strings, others only NULL terminate the last string in the frame.
MP3ext writes the string "MP3ext " in the padding area, where the specs call for only NULLs to be written.