Products > libmusicbrainz
The MusicBrainz Client Library (libmusicbrainz), also known as mb_client, is a development library geared towards developers who wish to add MusicBrainz lookup capabilities to their applications. The library supports Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, with packages released for the RedHat and Debian distributions.
Version 4.x and greater supports the latest version of the MusicBrainz web service and are not backwards compatible with earlier versions. As of 2011, version 3.x and below have been deprecated.
Version 5.x has been introduced to enable easier inclusion into Debian due to a conflicting package name. There are no changes between 5.0.0 and 4.0.2, with the exception of a new include directory name, and the removal of deprecated functions. However, all future work is likely to be carried out on version 5.x.
If you are looking for a complete, usable program to run, please try out Picard.
For details on how to use this library, please take a look at the API documentation.
| libmusicbrainz-5.0.1.tar.gz (108 KB)|
Version 4.x is now deprecated. Please use v5.x for all new development.
| libmusicbrainz-4.0.3.tar.gz (108 KB)|
The source code is available on GitHub and can be downloaded with:
The MusicBrainz Client Library is licensed under the LGPL (GNU Lesser General Public License).
- PythonMusicBrainz2 Python bindings for the XML based web service.
- Perl bindings for the XML based web service: WebService::MusicBrainz
- Ruby bindings for the XML based web service.
- C#/.NET library for the MusicBrainz client library (3.0.1). (calculation of MusicBrainz DiscID is missing (FreeDB ID is supported) - help is appreciated).
- musicbrainz-sharp: Fully managed C#/.NET library for accessing the XML based web service. (included support for calculation of MusicBrainz DiscIDs)
Other releases are available on the MusicBrainz FTP Server.