History:Disc Number Style
|Status: This Page is Glorious History!
The content of this page either is bit-rotted, or has lost its reason to exist due to some new features having been implemented in MusicBrainz, or maybe just described something that never made it in (or made it in a different way), or possibly is meant to store information and memories about our Glorious Past. We still keep this page to honor the brave editors who, during the prehistoric times (prehistoric for you, newcomer!), struggled hard to build a better present and dreamed of an even better future. We also keep it for archival purposes because possibly it still contains crazy thoughts and ideas that may be reused someday. If you're not into looking at either the past or the future, you should just disregard entirely this page content and look for an up to date documentation page elsewhere.
Style for disc numbers, multiple discs with individual names, singles with disc numbers & bonus discs.
- Discs without an extra title
- When a disc is part of a multi-disc release and has no disc title, indicate the disc number by appending " (disc x)" to the release title, with 'x' indicating the sequential number without zero padding, letters etc. Also, if other words than 'disc' are specifically used on the release (e.g. 'page'), still use 'disc'.
- Discs with an extra title
- An extension to the case above: when a disc also has a disc title, that name must be included as follows: " (disc x: Disc Title)"
- Bonus discs
- For a bonus disc, apply the above guidelines, only using "bonus disc" in place of "disc x".
Disc numbers for singles are also added, even when they're sold separately. It is common practice in many countries, for example the UK, to number these singles. They're usually released on the same dates in the same countries. Only add a disc number to the release title if it is actually written on the sleeve!
- The Wall (disc 2)
- Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (disc 2: Twilight to Starlight)
- Beautiful Freak (bonus disc)
- Greatest Hits (bonus disc: Acoustic Hits)