|Status: This page is more than a year out of date. Until it's updated, you can see what is actually being prioritized by the devs currently by attending the dev meetings or browsing the meeting notes.|
This page attempts to outline the development team's priorities in broad strokes -- this priority list should serve as a general guideline for our team to decide what to work on when the weekly dev meetings don't provide enough guidance.
For Winter 2017, the following priorities exist for the dev team, in order of most important to least important:
- Site stability and performance issues: If the site is misbehaving or not performing as it should, the dev team should focus on resolving those issues as the first priority.
- ModBot/Nagios: If ModBot or Nagios sends periodic emails about an issue, the dev team should address these issues quickly. ModBot fixes may not require hot-fixes, but they should be addressed as soon as possible.
- React: Finish rewriting UI templates to React (MBS-8609)
- SOLR: Catch up with mmd-schema 2.0 v-2019-01-07
- Schema change 2019 Q2: Fully resolve selected schema change issues by May, 13.
- Fixes/Features: Continue fixing issues and implement new features based on community feedback.
- Beta site: Finish the beta re-write of ListenBrainz.
- Test Beta site: Create a public review site for the new version of ListenBrainz
- Release Beta site: Push the new beta site live, with support for importing from alpha site.
- Big Query: Start feeding data to BigQuery and start making data available to the public.
- Big Query based features: Once data is available in BigQuery, start making end user features that give insights to user about their listening habits.
Gentlecat: please add items.
- Dataset infrastructure
- Merge dataset challenges code
- Integrate cross-dataset evaluation code into dataset evaluation (http://mtg.upf.edu/node/3498)
- Automatically artist/album filtering
- Integrate new datasets into live AB data
- Switch to scikitlearn for model generation
- Docker infrastructure and deployment closer to other servers
Further afield (Summer)
- Bigquery data shipping and statistics
- Server-side versioning for new extractor and storage of detailed lowlevel files
- Roadmap: Plan roadmap to bring BB to minimally viable product to grow community.
LordSputnik: Please add items.
- Analytics: Setup piwik to gain insights into our traffic
- Site performance: Use insights from analytics to prioritize tasks for site performance improvements
- Backups: Set up comprehensive back-ups of our NewHost servers (and make sure that they work).
- API Keys: Support API keys and different rate limits on our APIs.