History:Guess Case Old Suggestions
|Status: This Page is Glorious History!
The content of this page either is bit-rotted, or has lost its reason to exist due to some new features having been implemented in MusicBrainz, or maybe just described something that never made it in (or made it in a different way), or possibly is meant to store information and memories about our Glorious Past. We still keep this page to honor the brave editors who, during the prehistoric times (prehistoric for you, newcomer!), struggled hard to build a better present and dreamed of an even better future. We also keep it for archival purposes because possibly it still contains crazy thoughts and ideas that may be reused someday. If you're not into looking at either the past or the future, you should just disregard entirely this page content and look for an up to date documentation page elsewhere.
Guess Case improvements
The Guess Case script has been completely rewritten, this page is old kept as a reference. Enter feature request and/or bugs on GuessCaseBugs.
(Old) Guess Case improvements
- incorrect at the moment: U.S.A. -> U. S. A.
- incorrect at the moment: U.K. -> U. K.
- incorrect at the moment: Do -> do
- replace multiple spaces by one space after all cleaning up is done. Example: "Blabla: (This Is Pretty) Weird". After guessing case, there are two spaces between the ':' and the '('.
- incorrect: USA -> Usa
- incorrect: UK -> Uk
- when the track title contains "Unknown", the track is renamed to "[unknown]"
- it would be cool if "Present" and "Presents" would be converted to lowercase
- incorrect at the moment: T.V -> T. V
- improvement: o'Clock ->O'Clock (or am i wrong, is there a standard?) (it's also O'Riordan worng changed into O'riordan -- ClutchEr2)
- improvement: (disc n: The) -> "the" gets lowercased but it is a title of a Disc should and should
- improvement: Name of the Album CD 1 should be detected and fixed according to DiscNumberStyle (e.g. CD n -> (disc n) be "(disc n: The title of disc n)"
- improvement: vinyl classification should be standarsized, e.g. 7, 12 etc
- improvement: text inside single apostrophes gets lowercased, why? e.g. "Thy Will 'not mine' be done" * improvement concerning concerning remixstyle: dub, megamix, club, acapella, original version, live version, album version should all be converted to lowercase
- improvement concerning remixstyle: (album version) should be removed, if tracks > (max_number_of_tracks_to_be_a_single)
- improvement concerning remixstyle: alt. take => alternate take
- improvement concerning remixstyle: alt version => alternate version
- improvement concerning remixstyle: Long version => long version
- improvement concerning remixstyle: Demo version => demo version
- improvement concerning remixstyle: alternate take, followed by number should be lowercased
- when the track title is like "Track name xyz (Bonus track)", the track is renamed to "[unknown]", instead of "Track name xyz"