History:Music Hack Day
From MusicBrainz Wiki
Welcome Music Hack Day Participants!
The purpose of this page is to give you a simple quick start guide of things you may find useful in order to include MusicBrainz in your hack day projects.
- MusicBrainz introduction
- A short introduction to what MusicBrainz is, and what it is not.
- Editing MusicBrainz
- An overview on how to edit on MusicBrainz.
- MusicBrainz web service API
- Documentation on how to use MusicBrainz' RESTful web service API. This API can be used to search for artstis/releases/tracks/labels/collections on MusicBrainz, and to retrieve resources based on MBIDs.
- MusicBrainz client library
- Access MusicBrainz from your application using one of our many language bindings. This takes a lot of the work out of using the web service API listed above.
- Next Generation Schema
- The currently in beta version of our new database schema. Available online at http://test.musicbrainz.org
- Next Generation Schema webservice docs
- Documentation for the NGS webservice
- Demo python code
- Python bindings for the NGS webservice
- It looks like Amplified Music Services are no longer giving out API keys. You might be able to find one somewhere
Have a great weekend hacking on fun music projects!