A State of Trance
This wiki page is made to point out some of the specific techniques for tagging the A State of Trance radio shows.
Almost all broadcasts (studio and live sets included) consist of a Continuous Mix and Split Track version. These are effectively the same audio but the former is a single track consisting of all the tracks. Normally a "Continuous Mix" would not exist in MusicBrainz but since this is a live broadcast that is originally mixed as one solid block it is necessary to keep Continuous Mixes.
The date used on the release name as per the Live Bootleg Style is the date of broadcast not the date of when the event happened. Many of the episodes feature one or two hours of a live set at a given event, but the date of the broadcast (which is often several days later) is used in all cases. For any event that spans multiple dates it should be made into multiple release groups as these would have to be different broadcasts.
For the most part the naming scheme is derived from Live Bootleg Style. However, there is some flexibility required to accommodate the varying radio shows.
The most common, where all the of tracks are broadcast from a studio.
- This includes special mixes like Yearmix and Top 20.
- Naming follows official MusicBrainz style guidelines.
Mostly occurring early on in the ASOT series (up to episode 200). The 2 hour set was split into 2 single hour sets usally with the first hour being mixed by Armin van Buuren and the second hour likewise by another DJ.
- Append "Guest[s] [Guest1], [Guest2]... & [Guest3]".
Almost all episodes have an intro and outro in the form of "[intro] - [unknown]" and "[outro] - [unknown]". There are a few releases that need this corrected.
Each episode usually contains three special tracks; Tune of the Week, Future Favorite and ASOT Radio Classic. Theses are tagged with square brackets at the end of the track title:
- If It Ain't Broke [Tune of the Week] (http://musicbrainz.org/track/74500b50-948b-4eb8-917e-43bf50948704.html)
- Another World (Shogun remix) [Future Favorite] (http://musicbrainz.org/track/58045b1c-0c95-4781-9442-4bd2e0e0b1ae.html)
- Dark Side of the Moon [ASOT Radio Classic] (http://musicbrainz.org/track/1c0a4335-032a-4c03-8866-1334dabfa651.html)
Often raw tracks imported from astateoftrance.com or other source will have the label for that particular track attached, like:
- Mat Zo – Default (Anjunabeats)
Once a "published" track-label relationship is added the " (Anjunabeats)" can be removed.
Discussion / Notes
"XXL" in Titles
- Do not use the term "XXL" in titles. If you find it in titles you may remove it; but before you remove the XXL check astateoftrance.com because it's likely to be at a location like "Amnesia, Ibiza"
- I believe these are all removed now, but if you do find any the above applies.