Difference between revisions of "About/Press"
From MusicBrainz Wiki
((Imported from MoinMoin))
m (16 revision(s))
Revision as of 08:03, 15 March 2009
MusicBrainz in the News
[http:#news News stories and articles], [http:#blog items from the Blogosphere], and our official Press Releases:
- Marc Hibbins talks about BBC's work on integrating and exposing semantic data (amongst others: MusicBrainz, Wikipedia), Linked_Data and points up the value of MusicBrainz unique identifers.
- CreativeCommons blog published an interview with Robert Kaye talking about CreativeCommons usage in MusicBrainz, communities project and future of MusicBrainz.
- Andrea James from the Seattle Post Intelligencer talks about the launch of Amazon's SoundUnwound service using MusicBrainz data.
- Matthew Shorter talks about the launch of BBC's Dynamic Artist Pages beta program and its use of MusicBrainz's identifiers and data.
- Rob Pegoraro, of the Washington Post mentions MusicBrainz, Picard and iEatBrainz in a column Q&A on tagging music files with unknown artist names and tracks.
- Joi Ito talks about the launch of the MetaBrainz Foundation.
- crschmidt talks about using MusicBrainz with the MeNow project.
- Brian Alger's Cybersphere blog has an item on MusicBrainz and Ethnomusicology.
- Japanese blog OTO-NETA has an item on MusicBrainz. (??? Japanese)
- Joi Ito's Web has a blog item on Robert Kaye and MusicBrainz.
- The Flexistentialism blog has an item on MusicBrainz.
- Gordon Mohr of Bitzi analyzes the MusicBrainz launch on his O'Reilly Developer blog.
News Stories and Articles
- Tim Ferguson (via silicon.com) writes in BusinessWeek about the BBC's semantic web technology and its use of the MusicBrainz "open source 'metadatabase' " to enable its technology and reduce its licensing costs.
- Joseph Tartakoff of the San Francisco Chronicle talks to Robert Kaye about Picard Tagger as a competitor to Tune-Up.
- David Shamah of newsgeek.com, writing for The Jerusalem Post, talks about using MusicBrainz and Picard to tag unknown mp3s correctly.
- French magazine Numerama released a detailed article comparing existing Music Databases (Last.fm, Discogs, AllMusic, RateYourMusic, MusicBrainz, Wikipedia).
- Punto Informatico, an Italian "internet daily," has a detailed review of the Windows Tagger that also mentions the Picard Tagger. (In italiano)
- The Washington Post includes a short review of the Windows Tagger in their Personal Tech column. (Free registration required)
- Barrapunto, the "Spanish Slashdot," covers the MetaBrainz launch. (En español)
- Netzwelt.de covers the MetaBrainz launch (Auf Deutsch)
- Another French review of MusicBrainz in Micro Hebdo. (En Français)
- French computer magazine Clubic has an review of the MusicBrainzTagger as an alternative to MoodLogic. (En Français)
- French open-source software site Framasoft.net has a review of the MusicBrainzTagger. (En Français)
- Wired News has a puff piece on Gracenote quoting Robert Kaye's criticisms and mentioning MusicBrainz as an alternative.
- Barrapunto, the "Spanish Slashdot", has an item on the KDE mediaplayer JuK and its use of MusicBrainz. (En español)
- Wired News has an article on MusicBrainz following up on the launch.
- Russian magazine ??????????? (Computerra) has an article on MusicBrainz. (??????? Russian)
- Articles about the MusicBrainz launch appear in PC Magazine (Ziff Davis) and Slashdot, as well as German sites nickles.de and Pro-Linux.de. (Deutsch)
- IBM developerWorks has an article about MusicBrainz that focuses on the Metadata Initiative. (Japanese translation of article: ???)
- Entrepreneur Magazine's August issue covers the Semantic Web in the article 'Arguing Semantics' and mentions MusicBrainz as an example application. Entrepreneur Magazine, August 2002, pp. 19-20.
- View PDF Our own Aaron Swartz wrote an article: "MusicBrainz: A Semantic Web Service" for IEEE Intelligent Systems Journal, Jan-Feb 2002, pp. 76-77.
- Newsforge covers MusicBrainz in their Open Source alive and well at O'Reilly P2P conference article.
- MusicBrainz is covered in a WebNoize article about Roxio and GraceNote. (Requires Webnoize subscription)
- The Napster/Relatable deal gets covered by the Washington Post -- includes a blurb about MusicBrainz.
- MusicBrainz is mentioned in a WebNoize article on the Relatable/Napster deal. (Requires Webnoize subscription)
- MusicBrainz's first press release View PDF covers the official MusicBrainz launch and the related artist dataset that was contributed by Agent Arts.
Have you spotted an article or significant blog item about MusicBrainz that isn't listed here? Or a news article on a related subject that mentions MusicBrainz?
Please add it and let us know!