Difference between revisions of "About/Press"
From MusicBrainz Wiki
< AboutJump to navigationJump to search
(→Blog items: Add lifehacker article.)
(Add WSJ article)
|Line 61:||Line 61:|
==News Stories and Articles==
==News Stories and Articles==
: Geoffrey A. Fowler of the Wall Street Journal [http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203872404574262092548810468.html reviews Picard] and compares it to the commercial TuneUp application.
Revision as of 11:39, 3 July 2009
- Jason Fitzpatrick of lifehacker.com nominates Picard as one of their Six Best MP3 Tagging Tools.
- Eliot van Buskirk of wired.com reports on MacroVision's purchase of Muze, discussing the effect this may have on support for open-source community metadata providers such as MusicBrainz.
- Jemima Kiss of The Guardian talks to BBC's Matthew Shorter on opening up BBC Music and its use and integration with MusicBrainz.
- Marc Hibbins talks about BBC's work on integrating and exposing semantic data (amongst others: MusicBrainz, Wikipedia), Linked_Data and points out the value of MusicBrainz unique identifers.
- CreativeCommons blog published an interview with Robert Kaye talking about CreativeCommons usage in MusicBrainz, communities project and future of MusicBrainz.
- Andrea James from the Seattle Post Intelligencer talks about the launch of Amazon's SoundUnwound service using MusicBrainz data.
- Matthew Shorter talks about the launch of BBC's Dynamic Artist Pages beta program and its use of MusicBrainz's identifiers and data.
- Rob Pegoraro, of the Washington Post mentions MusicBrainz, Picard and iEatBrainz in a column Q&A on tagging music files with unknown artist names and tracks.
- Joi Ito talks about the launch of the MetaBrainz Foundation.
- crschmidt talks about using MusicBrainz with the MeNow project.
- Brian Alger's Cybersphere blog has an item on MusicBrainz and Ethnomusicology.
- Japanese blog OTO-NETA has an item on MusicBrainz. (??? Japanese)
- Joi Ito's Web has a blog item on Robert Kaye and MusicBrainz.
- The Flexistentialism blog has an item on MusicBrainz.
- Gordon Mohr of Bitzi analyzes the MusicBrainz launch on his O'Reilly Developer blog.
News Stories and Articles
- Geoffrey A. Fowler of the Wall Street Journal reviews Picard and compares it to the commercial TuneUp application.
- An article at Spanish technology portal VNUNET talks about using Picard to edit MP3 metadata. (En español)
- Karl Hodge of Tech Radar recommends using Picard Tagger in his guide to cleaning up your iTunes library.
- Tim Ferguson (via silicon.com) writes in BusinessWeek about the BBC's semantic web technology and its use of the MusicBrainz "open source 'metadatabase' " to enable its technology and reduce its licensing costs.
- Joseph Tartakoff of the San Francisco Chronicle talks to Robert Kaye about Picard Tagger as a competitor to Tune-Up.
- David Shamah of newsgeek.com, writing for The Jerusalem Post, talks about using MusicBrainz and Picard to tag unknown mp3s correctly.
- French magazine Numerama released a detailed article comparing existing Music Databases (Last.fm, Discogs, AllMusic, RateYourMusic, MusicBrainz, Wikipedia).
- Punto Informatico, an Italian "internet daily," has a detailed review of the Windows Tagger that also mentions the Picard Tagger. (In italiano)
- The Washington Post includes a short review of the Windows Tagger in their Personal Tech column. (Free registration required)
- Barrapunto, the "Spanish Slashdot," covers the MetaBrainz launch. (En español)
- Netzwelt.de covers the MetaBrainz launch (Auf Deutsch)
- Another French review of MusicBrainz in Micro Hebdo. (En Français)
- French computer magazine Clubic has an review of the MusicBrainzTagger as an alternative to MoodLogic. (En Français)
- French open-source software site Framasoft.net has a review of the MusicBrainzTagger. (En Français)
- Wired News has a puff piece on Gracenote quoting Robert Kaye's criticisms and mentioning MusicBrainz as an alternative.
- Barrapunto, the "Spanish Slashdot", has an item on the KDE mediaplayer JuK and its use of MusicBrainz. (En español)
- Wired News has an article on MusicBrainz following up on the launch.
- Russian magazine ??????????? (Computerra) has an article on MusicBrainz. (??????? Russian)
- Articles about the MusicBrainz launch appear in PC Magazine (Ziff Davis) and Slashdot, as well as German sites nickles.de and Pro-Linux.de. (Deutsch)
- IBM developerWorks has an article about MusicBrainz that focuses on the Metadata Initiative. (Japanese translation of article: ???)
- Entrepreneur Magazine's August issue covers the Semantic Web in the article 'Arguing Semantics' and mentions MusicBrainz as an example application. Entrepreneur Magazine, August 2002, pp. 19-20.
- View PDF Our own Aaron Swartz wrote an article: "MusicBrainz: A Semantic Web Service" for IEEE Intelligent Systems Journal, Jan-Feb 2002, pp. 76-77.
- Newsforge covers MusicBrainz in their Open Source alive and well at O'Reilly P2P conference article.
- MusicBrainz is covered in a WebNoize article about Roxio and GraceNote. (Requires Webnoize subscription)
- The Napster/Relatable deal gets covered by the Washington Post -- includes a blurb about MusicBrainz.
- MusicBrainz is mentioned in a WebNoize article on the Relatable/Napster deal. (Requires Webnoize subscription)
- MusicBrainz's first press release View PDF covers the official MusicBrainz launch and the related artist dataset that was contributed by Agent Arts.