From MusicBrainz Wiki
Revision as of 12:43, 20 June 2006 by Keschte (migrated changes from wd page. (Imported from MoinMoin))
MusicBrainz in the News
[http:#news News stories and articles], [http:#blog items from the Blogosphere], and our official Press Releases:
- Joi Ito talks about the launch of the MetaBrainz Foundation.
- crschmidt talks about using MusicBrainz with the MeNow project.
- Brian Alger's Cybersphere blog has an item on MusicBrainz and Ethnomusicology.
- Japanese blog OTO-NETA has an item on MusicBrainz. (??? Japanese)
- Joi Ito's Web has a blog item on Robert Kaye and MusicBrainz.
- The Flexistentialism blog has an item on MusicBrainz.
- Gordon Mohr of Bitzi analyzes the MusicBrainz launch on his O'Reilly Developer blog.
News Stories and Articles
- Punto Informatico, an Italian "internet daily," has a detailed review of the Windows Tagger that also mentions the Picard Tagger. (In italiano)
- The Washington Post includes a short review of the Windows Tagger in their Personal Tech column. (Free registration required)
- Barrapunto, the "Spanish Slashdot," covers the MetaBrainz launch. (En español)
- Netzwelt.de covers the MetaBrainz launch (Auf Deutsch)
- Another French review of MusicBrainz in Micro Hebdo. (En Français)
- French computer magazine Clubic has an review of the MusicBrainzTagger as an alternative to MoodLogic. (En Français)
- French open-source software site Framasoft.net has a review of the MusicBrainzTagger. (En Français)
- Wired News has a puff piece on Gracenote quoting Robert Kaye's criticisms and mentioning MusicBrainz as an alternative.
- Barrapunto, the "Spanish Slashdot", has an item on the KDE mediaplayer JuK and its use of MusicBrainz. (En español)
- Wired News has an article on MusicBrainz following up on the launch.
- Russian magazine ??????????? (Computerra) has an article on MusicBrainz. (??????? Russian)
- Articles about the MusicBrainz launch appear in PC Magazine (Ziff Davis) and Slashdot, as well as German sites nickles.de and Pro-Linux.de. (Deutsch)
- IBM developerWorks has an article about MusicBrainz that focuses on the Metadata Initiative. (Japanese translation of article: ???)
- Entrepreneur Magazine's August issue covers the Semantic Web in the article 'Arguing Semantics' and mentions MusicBrainz as an example application. Entrepreneur Magazine, August 2002, pp. 19-20.
- View PDF Our own Aaron Swartz wrote an article: "MusicBrainz: A Semantic Web Service" for IEEE Intelligent Systems Journal, Jan-Feb 2002, pp. 76-77.
- Newsforge covers MusicBrainz in their Open Source alive and well at O'Reilly P2P conference article.
- MusicBrainz is covered in a WebNoize article about Roxio and GraceNote. (Requires Webnoize subscription)
- The Napster/Relatable deal gets covered by the Washington Post -- includes a blurb about MusicBrainz.
- MusicBrainz is mentioned in a WebNoize article on the Relatable/Napster deal. (Requires Webnoize subscription)
- MusicBrainz's first press release View PDF covers the official MusicBrainz launch and the related artist dataset that was contributed by Agent Arts.
Have you spotted an article or significant blog item about MusicBrainz that isn't listed here? Or a news article on a related subject that mentions MusicBrainz? Please add it and let us know!