Development > Bug Tracker
JIRA (https://tickets.metabrainz.org/) is the platform used by the development team and members of the community to track bugs and development progress on the MusicBrainz Server source code.
- Want to report a bug? Report it here!
To report a bug or unwanted behavior in the server code, create an account or sign in with your MusicBrainz account and report it under your name. With an account, you can discuss with other users using comments if more feedback is needed and receive email updates about the bug(s) you've submitted or any other bugs you're interested in keeping tabs on.
The following are JIRA workflow conventions that the development team uses.
"Decision required" status
The "decision required" status is used when an issue or task requires a decision to be made before developers can move on and start/continue their work.
The procedure to follow is:
- Post a comment that clearly states what needs to be decided.
- Change the status to "decision required" and assign the issue to the person expected to make the decision.
- When a "decision required" issue is assigned to you, first determine if it's your decision to make. If not, find the right person and re-assign the issue to them.
- When an issue is your issue to decide and when you've made your decision, note the decision in a comment.
- Change the status back to open and assign it to the person who should continue to work on the issue (unless in the course of the decision making the task has been passed to someone else).