Cleanup Of The Month
- This month's cleanup is Benny Goodman, things that need to be done are at /BennyGoodman and you can discuss issues there or in [the forum].
Rougly every month or so a new artist is chosen from a list of nominations to be the subject of Cleanup of the Month. The aim is was work as a team to provide the most complete discography possible for a major artist in about one month. Good candidates for CotM should be well-known artists that have messy and incomplete MusicBrainz entries.
Each collaboration can be organised and discussed in its own wiki page and forum topic.
Selecting the next Cleanup of the Month
To nominate an artist for next months collaboration, list the artists name at the end of the list below. To vote for a nomination, enter your name underneath the description. Please add more candidates!
Nominations for Cleanup of the Month
- Blood, Sweat & Tears
- Well known artist, but with a messy and incomplete discography.
- Bruce Springsteen
- Well known artist, the 3rd. Really bad style and lots of bootlegs.
- Jimi Hendrix
- mister Matt Perry on forum :D
- The Who
- I think it would be a good challenge; normal bootlegs and official bootlegs (if there is such a thing).
- Status Quo
- Well known artist, lots of bootlegs.
- John Williams
- Similar to Morricone in the number of entries, and the types of issues. Also, there are at least 8 different John Williams in the database, so easy potential for incorrect artist attributions between them.
- Non-Album Tracks
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart -- BrianSchweitzer 05:51, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
Current Cleanup of the Month
- Benny Goodman (February-March 2008)
Previous Collaborations/Cleanups of the Month
- The Beatles (November-December 2006)
- Dire Straits (January-April 2007)
- Bob Marley (May-June 2007) 
- Ennio Morricone (July-August 2007)
- [unknown] (September 2007-January 2008)
Mozart: I'd be hesitant to suggest classical, but track titles are now all cleaned up, save for ~1650 tracks which are so badly identified ("Allegro", "The Magic Flute", etc) that I can't correct them without knowing what the releases are. It's the second largest non-SPA in the database, and close to 75% of all releases have no performer info ARs or release events. A good half of them were added on expiration (0:0). Likely more than a few dupes still hiding in there, as well. -- BrianSchweitzer 05:51, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
I'm starting to think that one month isn't long enough considering the amount of moderators helping out and the amount of time we can all spend on MB (or want to spend on the one artist). Maybe two months is better? We could probably keep the 'of the Month' extension though, if an artist is cleaned up sufficiently in one month we can move on. --Mdhowe
- I wouldn't mind it being "open" for more than one month. -- FrederikSOlesen 05:56, 22 May 2007 (UTC)
- Due to growing pains of the Musicbrainz Community and the complexity of Bob Marley's musicantry, and insufficient interest in CotM at large, Bob Marley's entry(ies) where not completed satisfactionary.