Cleanup Of The Month
Every month or so a new artist will be chosen from the list of nominations to be the subject of "Cleanup of the Month". The aim is to focus the effort of the community and work as a team to clean up that artist's MusicBrainz entry. To complete and correct the discography as much as possible, to link usefull information, to basically "complete" it.
Each collaboration will be organised and discussed in its own wiki page and separate forum topic.
Current Cleanup(s) of the Month
Selecting the next Cleanup of the Month
To nominate an artist for a future cleanup, list the artist's name here. Good candidates for CotM should be artists that have large, messy or incomplete MusicBrainz entries. Please add more candidates!
- Note: for projects and other ideas please list them here
Nominations for Cleanup of the Month
- Blood, Sweat & Tears
- Well known artist, but with a messy and incomplete discography.
- The Who
- I think it would be a good challenge; normal bootlegs and official bootlegs (if there is such a thing).
- John Williams
- Similar to Morricone in the number of entries, and the types of issues. Also, there are at least 8 different John Williams in the database, so easy potential for incorrect artist attributions between them.
- New Jordal Swingers
- Norwegian Band, Huge catalogue, 30+ years, lots of various releases, mostly empty entry.
- Procol Harum
- Prog band mostly known for their hit "A Whiter Shade of Pale". Their discography is full of similar releases that need tracking down for proof etc.
Previous Collaborations/Cleanups of the Month
- The Beatles (November-December 2006)
- Dire Straits (January-April 2007)
- Bob Marley (May-June 2007) (not completed)
- Ennio Morricone (July-August 2007)
- [unknown] (September 2007-January 2008)
- Benny Goodman (February-March 2008)
- JS Bach box sets (December 2009 - January 2010)
- Cleaning up the unlinked discs report (December 2009 - January 2010)
- community project (edit this to look better please)