Somewhere in 2006 some Contributors have started to found small CommunityProjects around specialized areas. This helps people to coordinate their editing efforts and to find like minded editors and with knowledge in similar areas.
In fact such projects and joined efforts are the way to deal with the growth of both the community and the database. Feel free to contact, or join these groups, or found a new one!
List of Projects
- Collaboration Of The Month
- Every month a new artist is chosen from a list of nominations to be the subject of Collaboration of the Month. The aim is to work as a team to provide the most complete discography possible for a major artist in one month.
- Artist Pages That Need Regular Cleaning Up
- This page lists artist pages that need regular cleaning up (e.g. Artists like Intro, Mozart, etc. that get attributed with tracks that belong to another artist).
- BBC Teams Editing MusicBrainz
- Describes how the BBC /music teams and MusicBrainz community plan to work together.
- Tracks With Multiple Artists
- This page tries to list all releases that have tracks that consist of more than one song by more than one artist.
- Jazz Project / Soul Project
- The Jazz project contains a number of resources for jazz oriented editors (compositions list in their canonical form, list of collections to tidy, information about labels, a "jazzy wiktionary", a quote board and more). The Soul project is still in its infancy, and for now just has a compositions list.
- The Jazz "project" is mainly dmppandas pet pages. With the exception of Jazz/Compositions, none of these pages were used by anyone else as far as I can tell, and both Jazz/Labels and Jazz/Collections should be migrated to the new Label feature in the database. Similarly, the Soul project doesn't hold any content but Soul/Compositions. Both these "compositions" pages are very valuable. Maybe the compositions projects could be reorganized/regrouped to something like CompositionsProject?
- Frogs Tidying Marathon
- This page tracks the cleaning effort for French artists.
- This page provides translations of musical terms commonly found in track titles and release titles.
- This page gathers what we'd miss if switching to the forums.
- Sub Optimal Credits
- This page tries to to keep track of artists, releases and tracks which have AR's attached in an un-optimal way (ie., when the correct AR doesn't exist or the information is presumed)
See also Additional Metadata.