From MusicBrainz WikiJump to navigationJump to search
See also Development.
- A C/C++ development library geared towards developers who wish to add cover art capabilities to their applications.
- A C/C++ development library geared towards developers who wish to add MusicBrainz lookup capabilities to their applications.
- A C library for creating MusicBrainz disc IDs from audio CDs.
- See also: Disc ID Calculation.
- A client library written in Python which provides easy access to the MusicBrainz database using the XML web service (version 2)
- https://github.com/murdos/musicbrainz-bot (a fork of lalinsky's one)
A full list of users with the bot flag can be found on http://musicbrainz.org/privileged
- XML web service
- The REST-based webservice API for direct access to MusicBrainz data (Please review the libraries above before writing your own implementation).
- Server setup
- The MusicBrainz Server is not available as an executable application. Setting up the server will require you to checkout the source code and follow the INSTALL file's instructions.
- The MusicBrainz Database contains all the metadata information available on musicbrainz.org and anyone is free for anyone to download and make use of it (and we encourage this!). Setting it up will require access to a PostgreSQL database. See instructions as part of the Server Setup above or use mbslave.
- Server environment variables that may prove useful
- Search Server Setup if you're brave enough to want to try.
- Embedded metadata
- Picard Tag Mapping: The documentation for how Picard maps concepts to tags; useful if you want to use these tags elsewhere, or if you'd like to follow the same standard.
- Communicating with other developers
- IRC: Here's where you ask questions of real live people, if anyone's awake. You love it, you know it.
- Mailing Lists: And here's where you ask if we aren't awake, or for anything style-related or needing more consideration than can be easily given in IRC.
- MusicBrainz Summits: These happen occasionally, and people get together and talk about MusicBrainz. You should consider coming! Even if not, the discussions had here are sometimes important, and might be worth perusing.