Development/Summer of Code/2020/ListenBrainz
ListenBrainz is one of the newest MetaBrainz projects. Read more information on its homepage.
(see also: Getting started with GSoC)
If you want to work on ListenBrainz you should show that you are able to set up the server software and understand how some of the infrastructure works. Here are some things that we might ask you about
- Show that you understand the goals that ListenBrainz wants to achieve, which are written on its homepage
- Install the server on your computer or use the Vagrant setup scripts to build a virtual machine
- Create an oauth application on the MusicBrainz website and add the configuration information to your ListenBrainz server. Use this to log in to your server with your MusicBrainz details
- Use the import script that is part of the ListenBrainz server to load scrobbles from last.fm to your ListenBrainz server, or the main ListenBrainz server
- Use your preferred programming language to write a submission tool that can send Listen data to ListenBrainz. You could make up some fake data for song names and artists. This data doesn't have to be real.
- Try and delete the ListenBrainz database on your local server to remove the fake data that you added.
- Look at the list of tickets that we have open for ListenBrainz and see if you understand what tasks the tickets involve
- If you want to, see if you can contribute to fixing a ticket. Either add a comment to the ticket or ask in IRC for clarification if you don't understand what the ticket means
Create beautiful charts/graphs for user behaviour
Proposed mentors:mayhem, alastairp