Difference between revisions of "Edit Release Name Edit"
(copied from editalbumname (Imported from MoinMoin))
(intertwingling EditType, TODO: should be EditReleaseTitleEdit (Imported from MoinMoin))
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
This changes the title of a [[Release]] [[Image:licon.png]].
==How to do it==
==How to do it==
Revision as of 09:06, 4 May 2006
How to do it
- The Edit name link below the release's name on a release page (or other pages where release details are displayed) takes you to a page where you can edit the release's title (EditReleaseNameEdit).
- The Edit all link below the release's name on a release page (or other pages where release details are displayed) takes you to a page where you can edit the release's title (EditReleaseNameEdit) and/or attributes (EditReleaseAttributesEdit), as well as the track titles (EditTrackNameEdit) and number (EditTrackNumberEdit) of any or all tracks on the release.
- Check for duplicate releases:
- Before changing a release's title, consider the possibility that there are duplicate entries for the release. A quick release name search may turn up a number of variants. You may wish to merge the releases instead.
- Use attributes and release events:
- When removing extraneous information (e.g. "Original Soundtrack", "CDS", "UK version", etc.) from a release title you should enter corresponding EditReleaseAttributesEdit or EditReleaseEventsEdit and maybe even AddReleaseAnnotationEdit to make sure that the release attributes and/or release events reflect this information, so that it is not lost.
- Classical releases follow the ClassicalStyleGuide; these guidelines put performer information in the release title.
- Links to discographies and or the MusicBrainz links to Amazon info or cover art can be useful for verifying the exact release title.
If the only change to the title was case and/or accents. the change will be instantly applied (no voting required; this is an AutoModeration).
An EditReleaseNameEdit will fail due to a FailedPrerequisite if another EditReleaseNameEdit changes the name.
Symbolic name and id