Note: this page needs more flesh and to be linked to.
Possible incorrect data
Making editing easier
Access MusicBrainz using external APIs
Web Service Version 2 (current)
Web Service Version 1 (deprecated)
Some user script repositories (alpha sorted) :
- greasyfork.org’s MusicBrainz script set (automatically updated)
- openuserJS.org’s musicbrainz group (manually updated, not always up to date)
Other known places with userscripts:
- 96187’s user scripts (iTunes import, YouTube import, paste-a-date)
- Bitmap’s user scripts
- dufferZafar’s import scripts (iTunes, Amazon, TSeries)
- JensBee’s user scripts
- jesus2099 scripts on GitHub (mirrored on both Greasy Fork and OpenUserJS)
- Murdos’ import scripts (Bandcamp, Discogs, Encyclopedisque)
- Rassie’s Chatlog improvements and an updated version including highlighting
※ Almost all MB user scripts used to be stored at userscripts.org under the musicbrainz tag.
Unfortunately userscripts.org is dying. Some scripts can still be accessed through ,
musicbrainz tag (requires login), search #1 and search #2, but those are now read only and will never be updated there (cf. alternatives to userscripts.org).
Valuable online databases
See Other Databases.
|URI||Description||Comments (on reliability etc...)|
|http://amazon.fr||Releases dates often wrong|
|http://amazon.de||Often omits to mark imports as "[Import]"|
|http://www.encyclopedisque.fr||For French vinyls|
|http://www.lpdiscography.com/||Has dates, labels, and catalog numbers|
About amazon's [Import] label not trustworthy, here is the smoke-proof to check whether the IMPORT is bogus or not on .fr Switch the tld to .de: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00004UH7R Check what they have as a label, in this case: Label: France (Megaphon Importservice) => it comes from france, and the [Import] is on .fr is bogus.