Google Code-in/2017/Task suggestions
From MusicBrainz Wiki
Various small-ish thing that may be good for Google Code-in. Please feel free to add stuff to this page. Take a look at the three links below for inspiration about what kind of things are eligible for being GCI tasks.
- "You can contribute without being a coder!"
- "Tasks", GCI FAQ entry
- Example tasks from previous GCI's
- MetaBrainz' tasks in GCI 2016
Note: Please mark in parentheses which of the categories the task belongs to (multiple can be assigned): coding (CODE); documentation/training (D/T); quality assurance (QA); user interface (UI); or outreach/research (O/R)
Wiki / Docs (D/T)
- Import your listens from Last.FM if you have a Last.FM account. (O/R)
- Use the Simple Last.FM Scrobbler Android App to submit listens to LB for a few hours. (O/R)
- jira:LB-212: Show the MetaBrainz logo instead of the MusicBrainz logo on the LB website footer. (UI / CODE)
- jira:LB-213: Add some usage examples to the LB API documentation. (D/T)
- jira:LB-148: Write tests for the API Compat feature of LB. (CODE / QA)
- jira:LB-83: Add a list of LB compatible players (with instructions on how to use them) to the LB website. (D/T)