Google Code-in/2017/Task suggestions
From MusicBrainz Wiki
< Google Code-in | 2017
Various small-ish thing that may be good for Google Code-in. Please feel free to add stuff to this page. Take a look at the three links below for inspiration about what kind of things are eligible for being GCI tasks.
- "You can contribute without being a coder!"
- "Tasks", GCI FAQ entry
- Example tasks from previous GCI's
- MetaBrainz' tasks in GCI 2016
Note: Please mark in parentheses which of the categories the task belongs to (multiple can be assigned): coding (CODE); documentation/training (D/T); quality assurance (QA); user interface (UI); or outreach/research (O/R)
Wiki / Docs (D/T)
- Create a vector drawing of a few MusicBrainz entities related together that explains differences between Release Group from Release, Track from Recording, and Recording from Work.
- Write a review of your favorite album on CritiqueBrainz. Also, write a review of a place and an event.
- jira:CB-95: Add WYSIWYG support for the review editor (for Markdown).
- jira:CB-239: Reference review style guide from review editor.
- jira:CB-263: Published date also includes date when saved as a draft
- jira:CB-55: Separate most used languages in language selector on review creation page
- jira:CB-253: "Admin" and "moderator" are used interchangeably in the codebase
- Import your listens from Last.FM if you have a Last.FM account and note any issues if you find them. (O/R)
- Use the Simple Last.FM Scrobbler Android App to submit listens to LB for a few hours. (O/R)
- Set up Spotify to submit listens to LB and use it for a few hours. (O/R)
- jira:LB-212: Show the MetaBrainz logo instead of the MusicBrainz logo on the LB website footer. (UI / CODE)
- jira:LB-213: Add some usage examples to the LB API documentation. (D/T)
- jira:LB-148: Write tests for the API Compat feature of LB. (CODE / QA)
- jira:LB-83: Add a list of LB compatible players (with instructions on how to use them) to the LB website. (D/T)
- jira:LB-85: Make usernames in LB case-insensitive. (CODE)
- jira:LB-198: Currently, LB directly uses redis for caching purposes, it'd be better to use brainzutils instead as all MeB projects use that. (CODE)
- jira:LB-196: Remove duplicated code from LB's different modules (CODE)
Cover Art Archive
3rd party projects
- https://github.com/JoeLametta/whipper/issues/200 (CODE)
- Include more MusicBrainz IDs in ripped files.
- https://github.com/JoeLametta/whipper/issues/172 (CODE)
- Allow whipper to query a custom MusicBrainz server.
- https://github.com/JoeLametta/whipper/issues/191 (CODE)
- "Alternative tagging for classical releases"
- https://github.com/JoeLametta/whipper/issues/192 (CODE)
- "Use the track title instead the recoding title"