Userscripts run in the web browser and make on-the-fly local changes to specific web pages. They generally change MusicBrainz pages to facilitate editing.
To run userscripts, you need to install userscripts and an in-browser userscript manager to run them. Although Chrome/Chromium can run userscripts without installing a userscript manager extension, many userscripts will not work property. It is recommended that you install a userscript manager.
|Firefox <57||Firefox 57+||Opera|
Could not edit MB without these:
- mb. INLINE STUFF
- musicbrainz.org release page: Inline recording names, comments, ISRC, PUID and AcoustID. Highlights duplicates in releases and edits.
These make MB much easier to edit
- mb. POWER VOTE 1.0
- Adds some buttons to check all unvoted edits (Yes/No/Abs/None) at once in the edit search page. You can also collapse/expand (all) edits for clarity. A handy reset votes button is also available + Double click radio to vote single edit + range click with shift to vote a series of edits. , Hidden (collapsed) edits will never be voted (even if range click or shift+click force vote).
- mb. FUNKEY ILLUSTRATED RECORDS 1.0
- musicbrainz.org: CAA front cover art archive pictures/images (release groups and releases) Big illustrated discography and/or inline everywhere possible without cluttering the pages
- mb. TAGGER LINKS NOW 2012.1106.2230
- musicbrainz.org: Quickly show or update "TAGGER" links with desired port
- MusicBrainz - Colourful edits 1.0
- A script to add colour to the edit headers in the edit search results.
- mb. MASS MERGE RECORDINGS
- Merges selected or all recordings from tracklist/release A to tracklist/release B in *.musicbrainz.org
- MusicBrainz: Paste-A-Date!
- This script adds a field after the existing date fields where you can paste a date and it will try to parse it.
Handy to have
- MusicBrainz - Batch-add composer/lyricist/librettist/arranger/orchestrator/publisher/part-of relationships 1.0
- Create various relationships between an artist and the selected works or "part of" relationships between a main work and selected works from an artist's works list. Based on bitmap's 'Batch-add "performance of" relationships' userscript.
- MusicBrainz Relate recordings to works from a release
- the predecessor to the relationship editor, just does the works side of it. Has nicer date editing than the rel. editor.
- MusicBrainz - Link work to recordings 1.0
- MusicBrainz : Batch linking a work to recordings
- Extra MusicBrainz/AcoustID integration 1.0
- Display additional AcoustID data on MusicBrainz mostly icons on tracks which have acoustIDs. Would be better if it did this anywhere a recording appeared, and maybe indicated how many acoustIDs there were.
- MusicBrainz Fast cancel edits
- Makes canceling edits much less painful, no need to go to a new page and enter a comment for each one.
These are useful for importing data from various sites semi-automatically into MusicBrainz.
- Import releases from Amazon
- Import Bandcamp releases to MusicBrainz
- Import Bandcamp releases to MusicBrainz Album Link Helper
- Import Beatport releases to MusicBrainz
- Import Beatport Pro releases to MusicBrainz
- Import CD1D releases to MusicBrainz
- CD Baby
- Import CD Baby releases to MusicBrainz
- Import DG / Decca releases to MusicBrainz
- Import Discogs releases to MusicBrainz
- Import Encyclopedisque releases to MusicBrainz
- MusicBrainz: Import events from Facebook
- MusicBrainz: Import from iTunes
- Juno Download
- Import Juno Download releases to MusicBrainz
- Import Last.fm releases to MusicBrainz
- Import Loot.co.za releases to MusicBrainz
- Metal Archives
- Import Metal Archives releases to MusicBrainz
- Import Naxos Music Library releases to MusicBrainz
- Import Qobuz releases to MusicBrainz
- Import Takealot releases to MusicBrainz
- MusicBrainz: Import videos from Vimeo
- MusicBrainz: Import videos from YouTube