History:CSG Standard/Bellini, Vincenzo/I Capuleti e i Montecchi
This is a CSG Standard page giving appropriate ReleaseTitle and TrackTitle strings for the opera i Capuleti e i Montecchi, by Vincenzo Bellini, which conform to the Classical Style Guide. It also contains hints which can help you create Advanced Relationships for a Release and its Tracks in MusicBrainz.
ReleaseTitle: I Capuleti e i Montecchi (FeaturingArtist). e.g. I Capuleti e i Montecchi (Wiener Symphoniker feat. conductor: Fabio Luisi).
ReleaseArtist: Vincenzo Bellini
AdvancedRelationships: For all tracks of the opera, link these Artists:
- Vincenzo Bellini composed (track) (composition years: Jan 1830-Mar 1830)
- Felice Romani wrote the libretto for (track) (composition years: Jan 1830-March 1830)
- (fill in your symphony) performed orchestra (track) (performance dates: fill in first and last dates of recording sessions, if known)
- (fill in your conductor) conducted (track) (performance dates: fill in first and last dates of recording sessions, if known)
Vocal parts: Here is a list of each vocal part, with abbreviations. Below that is a table giving track titles, and which vocal performers appear in each segment. For each track where an artist appears, link the Artist as follows:
- (fill in your artist) sang vocal (fill in the voice type) on (track) (performance dates: fill in first and last dates of recording sessions, if known)
TrackTitles: The first columns indicate which vocal performer appears in each scene, according to the musical score. Follow these first columns when assigning ARs to tracks. The rows here are fairly fine-grained.
Your Release may have one track which includes multiple rows of the table. Also, if your Release uses different wording for the music type (before the quotes) and within the quotes, you can use that instead. Some Release liners divide the acts into Scenes, but the vocal score does not. It divides each act into seven parts, e.g. "Scena e Cavatina".
|O||Co||Norma: Act I. Coro d'introduzione "Ite sul colle, o Druidi" (Oroveso, Chorus)|
- MusicBrainz Artist page for Vincenzo Bellini
- CSG Standard page for Vincenzo Bellini
- Wikipedia (English) article on I Capuleti e i Montecchi
If you want to refer to the score to get the details right, scores of this work might be freely available at these web sites:
- IMSLP/Petrucci Music library page for I Capuleti e i Montecchi
- Werner Icking Music Archive listing for Vincenzo Bellini (They have no specific page or section for this opera.)
- Choral Public Domain Library listing for Vincenzo Bellini (They have no specific page or section for this opera.)