History:Getting Rid Of Featuring Artist Style
Getting Rid of Featuring Artist Style
This page tries to sum all problems of and possible solutions to the FeaturingArtistStyle.
Problems with the current Guideline
The current FeaturingArtistStyle has a couple of severe issues. This section should identify them:
- Applying FeaturingArtistStyle makes information disappear. Converting A & B - Track Name to A - Track Name (feat. B) doesn't necessarily mean artist A is the primary artist and B is a sort of guest artist.
- A search for A & B doesn't list artists that have tracks Track Name (feat. B).
On the other hand the current Guideline is not completely void of sense. the pro's for it are:
- The hierarchy between the CoreEntities Artist-Album-Track is kept (well, at the expense of one artist being completely dropped out of this hierarchy). Most media players categorize tracks this way.
This section should help to get a cleareer picture of the proposed solutions and their inconvenients. IIRC there are two possible solutions:
- Store all performance roles with AdvancedRelationships of the PerformanceRelationshipClass.
- Create ArtistCooperation
s for "A feat. B" and relate tracks to this artist by means of the CoreRelationship (that is store it as the PrimaryArtist).
- ...(are there more proposals?)
Now we would need to describe these proposals in detail and then sum up all arguments for and against them.
Authors: Everybody :-)