History:Next Generation Schema/Conversion Edge Cases
From MusicBrainz Wiki
The intent of this page is to compile some edge cases examples that should be taken into consideration during the conversion of data to NGS.
Automatic merging of releases using 'Part of set' AR
- Each disc may have a different artist:
- The same barcode may appear on multiple release events.
- Either this is the same release with multiple label/cat#
- Or it may be different releases:
- Multi-discs release with missing discs:
- A disc may be available separately and in a boxset, but has a PartOfSet relationship for the boxset
Matching ASIN ARs and releases (events)
- Sometimes Amazon EAN is wrong and has one number shift.
- Greatest Hits: MB has 042281421228, Amazon has 0004228142122