Difference between revisions of "History talk:Development/XML Web Service/Version 1"
From MusicBrainz Wiki
m (CallerNo6 moved page Talk:Development/XML Web Service/Version 1 to History talk:Development/XML Web Service/Version 1: no longer in service)
Latest revision as of 15:29, 15 May 2019
- How does this web service deal with special characters? For example Mýa or Adèle. I have tried both URLEncoding and XMLEncoding but without any luck.
- When using
?name=...it says it retrieves resources with a matching name (or title). What kind of "matching"?
- How exactly does
?duration=...work - does it support range or fuzzy matching for example?
- If multiple filter arguments are given, how do they combine? Is it allowed to repeat a filter argument (e.g.
- AFAICT nowhere does it say what exactly all the
?incoptions do. I can guess most of them, in a vague sort of way, but for example is
?inc=artist-relartist releases or artist relationships (or something else)? If these have already been defined, then a pointer to that definition would be helpful.
- Are there any plans on adding release lookup by EAN / UPC code? Would be a very nice feature for media libraries to get more information about audio CDs. --BrainDamaged
- See for example http://musicbrainz.org/ws/1/release/?type=xml&query=barcode:5016025611720 -- LukasLalinsky 13:17, 06 July 2007 (UTC)
- How can I retrieve the tracks of the second disc of an album via the web service? I have the discId, but I can not retrieve the related tracks, or is there a way to do this?
- For a release, how can one retrieve the release artist, all the tracks and all the track artists in one call? I have been making one call for the release (&inc=artist+tracks) but this does not return the artist for each track. So, I make a call for each track (&inc=artist). Per http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/XML_Web_Service#Limiting_Connections_to_the_MusicBrainz_Web_Service, I wait a second between each call. This takes a long time! --rossetyler