History talk:Development/XML Web Service/Version 1
From MusicBrainz WikiJump to navigationJump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
- How does this web service deal with special characters? For example Mýa or Adèle. I have tried both URLEncoding and XMLEncoding but without any luck.
- When using
?name=...it says it retrieves resources with a matching name (or title). What kind of "matching"?
- How exactly does
?duration=...work - does it support range or fuzzy matching for example?
- If multiple filter arguments are given, how do they combine? Is it allowed to repeat a filter argument (e.g.
- AFAICT nowhere does it say what exactly all the
?incoptions do. I can guess most of them, in a vague sort of way, but for example is
?inc=artist-relartist releases or artist relationships (or something else)? If these have already been defined, then a pointer to that definition would be helpful.
- Are there any plans on adding release lookup by EAN / UPC code? Would be a very nice feature for media libraries to get more information about audio CDs. --BrainDamaged
- See for example http://musicbrainz.org/ws/1/release/?type=xml&query=barcode:5016025611720 -- LukasLalinsky 13:17, 06 July 2007 (UTC)
- How can I retrieve the tracks of the second disc of an album via the web service? I have the discId, but I can not retrieve the related tracks, or is there a way to do this?
- For a release, how can one retrieve the release artist, all the tracks and all the track artists in one call? I have been making one call for the release (&inc=artist+tracks) but this does not return the artist for each track. So, I make a call for each track (&inc=artist). Per http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/XML_Web_Service#Limiting_Connections_to_the_MusicBrainz_Web_Service, I wait a second between each call. This takes a long time! --rossetyler