History talk:Next Generation Schema/Release Editor
From MusicBrainz WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Open questions about the schema:
- Why do we have a table called track and a table called recording? What purpose do they serve?
- Why does the recording table have an artist_credit that is not an FK and track does as well, but there its not an FK? Is this a graph error?
- Error in the diagram, it's fixed now. Lukáš Lalinský 19:45, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
- Why do both recording and track have an artist_credit and name?
- Because that's what humans tend to use as identifiers. :) They normally wouldn't know "b98ee5f2-0b07-4da6-913c-acfe19d4578d", but they mostly likely do know what "Thriller by Michael Jackson" is. That's for recordings. I think it's obvious why tracks need to have artist credits and names. Lukáš Lalinský 19:45, 7 July 2009 (UTC)