History talk:Next Generation Schema/Release Relationships Conversion
From MusicBrainz Wiki
- a covert art for release-group would be useful too, but I guess that could be done by choosing one of links of releases (without requiring an AR) -- murdos 11:28, 08 December 2008 (UTC)
- purchase for mail-order, purchase for download, download for free, creative commons licensed download: I presume you mean "all releases (events) of the defunct album", not "all releases of the new release_group". -- murdos 11:28, 08 December 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry, I didn't notice this comment before. Yes, I mean release events of an album. In the initial import, "release event" == "release", "release (previously album)" == "release group", so that's the same thing. -- LukasLalinsky 09:56, 20 January 2009 (UTC)
- For album-album, part of set: Can we just ask the community to merge the release groups before NGS and then simply drop the link when NGS comes?
- The part of set relationships represents multi-disc releases, which are entities we don't have in the DB yet. Lukáš Lalinský 09:50, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
- nikki, I noticed you noticed some release AR types still not listed. I've not checked against it, but http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Category:Relationship_Type has the full listing (minus the last 1 or 2 that have been recently added); it might be worth checking for any of the Release types there which still might not be handled/listed here. BrianFreud 10:47, 5 October 2010 (UTC)