|Introductory Guides||Beginners' Guide · Creating an Account · Editing · Voting · Writing Edit Notes|
|Basic How-Tos||Adding an Artist · Adding Relationships · Using the Relationship Editor · Adding a Release · Works · Events · Places · Instruments|
|Specific How-Tos||Merging Releases · Adding Cover Art · Identifying Labels · Splitting Artists · Artist Credits · Adding Standalone Recordings · Adding Disc IDs · Working with AcoustIDs · Submitting data to AcousticBrainz · Tagging Files with Picard|
This page gives a structured overview of existing and planned HowTo's. For a plain list, see the. HowTo's are the lightweight, user-orientated part of the MusicBrainzDocumentation. The pages' stress lies on tutorials and not exhausting exact documentations.
If you want to create a new HowTo, please consider the following points:
- Use the HowToTemplate for the layout of new pages.
- Titles of HowTo pages always start with "HowTo". The titles should not contain complicated MusicBrainzTerminology but be simple and orientated at what the users could look for. E.g. HowToMakeRelationships rather than HowToAdvancedRelationships.
- Find a good place in the structured list below to link to your HowTo. Don't think about the technical background of it but where users would expect to find it.
- Remember: HowTo's should just be simple step by step instructions for how to do things, not document features! You can link to the documentations for further information though.
- For short questions we have the FrequentlyAskedQuestions, so HowTo's should be a bit longer than that. ;)
Existing and Planned How To's
- HowToDoSmartEditing (overview of the edit suite)
- DestructiveEdits: How and When to make them (and How and When not to)
- ReplicationHowTo (if someone knows about this and has a better name, feel free to rename the page)