From MusicBrainz WikiJump to navigationJump to search
The International Standard Musical Work Code (ISWC) is an ISO standard similar to ISBNs for identifying musical works / compositions.
According to the Wikipedia article about ISWC, to register an ISWC, the following minimal metadata must be supplied:
- names of all composers, arrangers and authors, with their role in the piece (identified by role code) and their CAE/IPI number
- work classification code (CIS (?))
- identification of other works it is a derivative of
MusicBrainz stores ISWCs for works (since the May 2011 server release).
- IPI, a number identifying persons connected to ISWC registered works (authors, composers, etc.)
- ISRC, an ISO standard for identifying recordings of music, developed by the IFPI
- Website of the registration authority
- List of work databases, many of which contain ISWCs