Welcome to the MusicBrainz Wiki!
This page is a summary outline of thematic clusters for these documentation efforts and discussions:
- Introductory Material to MusicBrainz
- AdditionalMetadata and information
- About this MusicBrainzWiki
Introduction to MusicBrainz
New users can find an introduction to MusicBrainz in this Wiki, as well as ModerationPhilosophy, an explanation of the MusicBrainzTagger, HowMusicBrainzWorks, HowToContributeToMusicBrainz, and MusicBrainzPress information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The StyleGuideline
s, CapitalizationStandard and ClassicalStyleGuide.
- The EditingGuideline
s provide InformationOnEditing and suggestions on the most effective ways to add new data and correct data that has errors or doesn't follow the StyleGuideline
Additional Metadata and Information
The MusicBrainz database can only hold some types of information; this Wiki can be used for AdditionalMetadata that is helpful when editing or voting, such as information on IdenticallyNamedArtists, and lists of artists & albums that are NotDuplicateArtists and NotDuplicateAlbums. There is also information on InternationalArtists.
- FutureWork are features we have agreed to implement, but nobody is working on it yet.
- CurrentWork is work that somebody is working on now, possibly on one of the TestServers.
- FinishedWork is well, finished.
- DormantWork is um, not finished because of different reasons.
The intertwingling is quite awful currently. It should be something like this: (--DonRedman)
- MusicBrainzDocumentation -- an index of everything there is. No matter what the current status is.
- Category Documentation Official -- should replace 'OriginalVersion' which is a terribly BadWikiName
About This Wiki
See MusicBrainzWiki for more information on this wiki.
- StatusOfThisWiki should give you an idea which parts are stable and which are in progress.
- MoinMoinWikiSyntax is about the technical details of editing wiki pages.
- The WikiDocs concept outlines the future plans for this wiki.
- Finally you can test anything in the SandBox or the Sandbox (don't ask me why we have two of them!).