Merge Releases Edit
From MusicBrainz Wiki
This EditType merges one or more releases into another release. After merging release Bad into release Good
- all Bad's release titles and track titles will be lost spelling wise,
- all Bad's track durations will be lost, unless Good has no track duration.
- all Bad's PUIDs and DiscIDs will be added to Good's
- all Bad's ReleaseEvents will be merged to Good's
- all Bad's ReleaseAnnotations will be appended to Good's with a separator
- all Bad's AdvancedRelationships will be merged to Good's
How to do it
- If two releases have the same track listing and track times, you should do a MergeReleasesEdit instead of a RemoveReleaseEdit, following the general rule of MergeRatherThanDelete.
This edit is always put to a vote, even if made by an AutoEditor.
Symbolic name and id
MOD_MERGE_ALBUM (13) / MOD_MERGE_ALBUM_MAC (25)