Merge Releases Edit
From MusicBrainz WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This EditType merges one or more releases into another release. After merging release Bad into release Good
- all Bad 's release titles and track titles will be lost spelling wise,
- all Bad 's track durations will be lost.
- all Bad 's TRMs, PUIDs and DiscIDs will be added to Good 's
- all Bad 's ReleaseEvents will be added to Good 's
- all Bad 's ReleaseAnnotations will be appended to Good 's with a separator
- all Bad 's AdvancedRelationships will be added to Good 's
How to do it
- If two releases have the same track listing and track times, you should do a MergeReleasesEdit instead of a RemoveReleaseEdit, following the general rule of MergeRatherThanDelete.
This edit is always put to a vote, even if made by an AutoEditor.
Symbolic name and id
MOD_MERGE_ALBUM (13) / MOD_MERGE_ALBUM_MAC (25)