Every Monday, members of the MetaBrainz community gather on the #metabrainz IRC channel to discuss whatever issues need discussing. On occasion the meeting is moved to a different day, but it is never moved to a different time slot: it always takes place at "Regular Meeting Time".
The meeting will typically start off by "Reviews": people present talk about what they have been doing for the last week and sometimes their plans for the coming one. Following this will be whatever topics community members have added to the agenda during the week.
To add a topic to the upcoming meeting's agenda, simply edit the channel topic in #metabrainz.
The one leading the meeting (typically Freso) will post an order of people for reviews prior to the meeting and again at the beginning of the meeting. Reviews should take no longer than 3 minutes per person.
It's helpful to come prepared, with review notes typed up in advance. If you're unable to attend the meeting but would still like to give a review, you should send an e-mail to whoever's leading the meeting (again, this will usually be Freso).
Regular Meeting Time
Regular Meeting Time is the time at which most irc meetings are scheduled, most importantly the weekly MetaBrainz chat. Because meetings are attended by people from many countries all over the world, "Regular Meeting Time" is different for each of the attendees when expressed in local time.
The meeting time is anchored to 21:00 in mainland Europe.
Europe switches to daylight savings time (CEST) on the last Sunday in March, and switches back to CET on the last Sunday of October. If you are in a country or state which observes DST on different dates, or which doesn't observe DST at all you will have take this into account. Please consult the list below for details for your time zone.
- 20:00 UTC during European winter
- 19:00 UTC during European summer
- 20:00 UTC, 20:00 BST for the United Kingdom
- 21:00 CET, 21:00 CEST for mainland Europe
- 15:00 EST, 15:00 EDT for Eastern Time
- 14:00 CST, 14:00 CDT for Central Time
- 12:00 PST, 12:00 PDT for Pacific Time
Between the second Sunday in March and the last Sunday in March and between the last Sunday in October and the first Sunday in November the meeting will be at these times:
- 16:00 EDT for Eastern Time (on October 27th, 2014 and in 2015 on March 9th, 16th, and 23rd)
- 15:00 CDT for Central Time (on October 27th, 2014 and in 2015 on March 9th, 16th, and 23rd)
- 13:00 PDT for Pacific Time (on October 27th, 2014 and in 2015 on March 9th, 16th, and 23rd)
- 15:00 ECT during European winter
- 14:00 ECT during European summer
If you are in a timezone not listed above, feel free to add it for the benefit of other community members in your timezone.