From MusicBrainz Wiki
< MusicBrainz API
- Version 2? What happened to Version 1?
- Version 1 of the Webservice served the original version of the MusicBrainz website, and is no longer in service
- What can I do with WS/2?
- There are three types of GET requests, as well as limited data submission, explained below.
- Who can use WS/2? Is it free?
- Non-commercial use of this web service is free; please see our commercial plans or contact us if you would like to use this service commercially.
- Do I need an API key?
- Currently, no. But you must have a meaningful user-agent string.
- Do I need to provide authentication?
- Data submission, as well as requests that involve user information, require digest authentication.
- Is there a limit to the number of requests I can make per second?
- Yes. See: XML_Web_Service/Rate_Limiting
- What formats are available for the responses?
- XML and JSON
- Are there language bindings for WS/2?
- Yes. See: external libraries
- What should I do if I encounter unexpected behaviour not covered in these docs?
- You can ask question in IRC or in the forums.
- Check to see if a ticket has been filed in the bug tracker, and if not consider writing one.
- What else should I know before I start using WS/2?
- It'd probably be helpful to know: