There are a two different methods to get database up and running, you can either:
Note: The links below currently do not work. You can find the relevant files at http://ftp.musicbrainz.org/pub/musicbrainz/data/fullexport/
The core data (artists, releases, tracks etc.) is released into the public domain.
- mbdump.tar.bz2 Core data (artists, albums, tracks etc.) If you are setting up a test server, this is the only dump you will need to get started.
- mbdump-cdstubs.tar.bz2 CD stubs
- mbdump-derived.tar.bz2 Derived data (annotations, tags, search indexes)
- mbdump-edit.tar.bz2 Edit data (open and closed edits, edit notes, votes, auto-editor elections)
- mbdump-editor.tar.bz2 Editor data (editors)
- mbdump-stats.tar.bz2 Statistics
The RDF export, mbdump.rdf.bz2, is no longer available. If you want a complete RDF export, please download the PostgreSQL database export (as described above), set up a MusicBrainz Server, then run
mb_server/admin/RDFDump.pl to produce an RDF export.