From MusicBrainz Wiki
- Frequently Asked Questions
- A set of community maintained FAQs.
For the web interface
- How Tos
- A collection of tutorials. Lightweight, short and user-orientated step by step instructions.
- Introduction to Editing
- A quick introduction to how changes to MusicBrainz data are made.
- Introduction to Voting
- A quick introduction to MusicBrainz's voting system and how edits are applied (or rejected).
- Style guidelines
- All our official guidelines for editing.
- Describes the different kinds of search you can use to browse MusicBrainz. Also includes the advanced search syntax.
- MusicBrainz Terminology
- A collection of terms the MusicBrainz community uses, what they mean, and whether there is a wiki page explaining them.
For the software
- Privacy implications of being a MusicBrainz editor.
- Flickr Machine Tag
- How to use flickr tags to refer to MusicBrainz artists, releases, tracks or labels.
- Developer Resources
- Catch-all page with a number of useful links for developers
- Our web service, for use in applications
- Describes the use of our official library for accessing the web service.
- C library for creating MusicBrainz DiscIDs from audio CDs. Much better than implementing Disc IDs yourself.
- Tag Mappings
- These are the tag mappings used by MusicBrainz Picard, our official tagging application
- MusicBrainz Database
- Start page for documentation about the database.
- Database Schema
- Description of our current schema and database structure.
- Database Setup
- Several ways of setting up and using our database.
- Other Databases
- Other music databases which we might try to work with