Products > MusicBrainz Server
The MusicBrainz Server is an open source GPL licensed software application that is written in Perl. The MusicBrainz Server provides the primary interface to the MusicBrainz Database by providing a website for users to browse and edit the data on, and a web service to power client applications like MusicBrainz Picard. The server can be accessed at http://musicbrainz.org/ or alternatively you may setup and run your own server.
The MusicBrainz server is built on top of the following components:
- The data is stored in a PostgreSQL relational database.
- Virtually all of the server code is written in Perl 5.8.
- The web server is built using Apache and mod_perl.
- A selection of Perl modules from CPAN are used; in particular the web pages are constructed using Mason.
- The Expat XML parser library is used to handle the RDF web services.