MusicBrainz Summit 12 will happen in Barcelona, Catalonia/Spain on November 9-11, 2012.
Attendees should expect to arrive in Barcelona in the afternoon/evening of November 9 and plan to depart in the afternoon/evening of November 11.
if you're planning on attending put your name down below. Don't worry - doesn't have to be definite, but it's nice to have a rough idea :)
By order of arrival
- Alastair will be there because he'll be working at UPF by then
- reosarevok will arrive at BCN Thu 17:55 on Lufthansa LH 1132, leave from BCN Mon 10:05 on Lufthansa LH 1125
- chirlu will arrive BCN Thu 18:55 on Germanwings (4U) 2520, leave from BCN Mon 9:10 on Germanwings (4U) 2529
- ruaok, will arrive BCN Thu 19:05 on Swiss 1956, leave Monday morning
- CatCat will be attending because OMG!
- ianmcorvidae should finally make it, now that I'm hired by MB :P
- navap will be there if he can find good tickets
- warp / kuno
- djce might be there, because I just don't know when to quit
- Freso - if money things and everything else can be sorted out
- kepstin is looking into travel costs and class schedules and stuff.
- ijabz expects to be there.
- jdamcd might attend on the Saturday & Sunday but has other plans on the Friday.
Please note: In order to gain access to the building we need to provide the names/passport numbers of all of the attendees 2 weeks prior to the summit. (We will be able to register people after this point, but we should aim to have all this info in 2 weeks prior for all known attendees)
We will be meeting at Universitat Pompeu Fabra. We have a 40 person classroom and a couple of smaller rooms available to us in the Tànger building of the UPF campus. The rooms are reserved for us from 15h to 21h on Friday and from 10h to 21h on Saturday and Sunday. The classrooms will have WiFi, whiteboards and all the things we could need for having a summit.
Food and drink is allowed, but there will be no cleaning services, which is not a problem. We've always managed to clean up after ourselves. :)
Barcelona's El Prat airport (BCN) is a big airport with a lot of airlines flying to and from there. To get from the airport to the Plaça de Catalunya (City center) take the AeroBus that departs from ground level at both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Note which terminal you came in on -- you'll need to get back on the same bus to get back to BCN. The bus is 5.65 EUR one way. From Plaça de Catalunya take the Metro to the apartment -- we'll post details once we rent an apartment.
We've booked an apartment for 8 people:
We may book a smaller apartment closer to the time to house more attendees. Possible choices include:
We will organize our own food again during the summit (crowd sourced shopping FTW!). We'll go for some dinner on friday as people arrive and then on Saturday we'll have a group dinner at a restaurant. Exact details to be determined.
- Moving musicbrainz.org to cloud hosting
- DiscIDs (fuzzy matching, drop them entirely, what to do about pre-1982, etc.)
- Before I forget it: I'd say a flag "for this release" vs. "inherited" is the least bad way to go if we want to keep them.--Reosarevok 01:59, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
- Before anything is decided: before dropping discids, think about improving user experience for submitting / triaging discids: MBS-4326, MBS-2524, MBS-2830, MBS-4582, MBS-2318, ... Murdos 19:30, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
- Series (i.e. series of recordings, podcasts/radio shows, and series of releases)
- Genres: We really need them. The world wants us to have them. How do we get there?
- Streaming music link display
- Unverified flag for release adds w/o votes
- Locations + (maybe) Events. We don't *need* them like we do genres but they would be nice. How do we get there?