MusicBrainz Summit 12 will happen in Barcelona, Catalonia/Spain on November 16-18, 2012.
Attendees should expect to arrive in Barcelona in the afternoon/evening of November 16 and plan to depart in the afternoon/evening of November 18.
if you're planning on attending put your name down below. Don't worry - doesn't have to be definite, but it's nice to have a rough idea :)
- ruaok, will be attending to perform master acts in cat herding.
- reosarevok will be attending to interrupt ruaok and burn some bread.
- CatCat will be attending because OMG!
- ianmcorvidae should finally make it, now that I'm hired by MB :P
- navap will be there if he can find good tickets
- djce might be there, because I just don't know when to quit
- Alastair will be there because he'll be working at UPF by then
- marcooliveira is wondering if this is just for core MusicBrainz guys
- No, certainly not! It's for anyone in the community who wants to meet in person to discuss and perhaps help make decisions about MusicBrainz. (and that's even assuming there's a clear definition of "core" MusicBrainz people, which I rather doubt) --Ianmcorvidae 06:42, 3 September 2012 (UTC)
We will be meeting at Universitat Pompeu Fabra. More details to be worked out in Sepember.
We will likely organize some shared accomodations again. We will plan this in late September/October.
- Moving musicbrainz.org to cloud hosting
- DiscIDs (fuzzy matching, drop them entirely, what to do about pre-1982, etc.)
- Before I forget it: I'd say a flag "for this release" vs. "inherited" is the least bad way to go if we want to keep them.--Reosarevok 01:59, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
- Before anything is decided: before dropping discids, think about improving user experience for submitting / triaging discids: MBS-4326, MBS-2524, MBS-2830, MBS-4582, MBS-2318, ... Murdos 19:30, 27 June 2012 (UTC)