Difference between revisions of "MusicBrainz Summit/14"
m (→People confirmed to be attending)
(→Agenda: Link summit notes)
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
== Agenda ==
== Agenda ==
=== Discussion topics ===
=== Discussion topics ===
Revision as of 09:44, 27 September 2014
MusicBrainz Summit 14 will happen in Copenhagen, Denmark on September 26–28, 2014.
Spotify and Google are sponsoring our summit again!
MetaBrainz will cover the cost of lodgings and all food for the weekend. We've rented one house and are in the process of renting another. Please sign up below if you plan to stay in one of the sponsored lodgings. People attending who work for MusicBrainz' partner companies are requested to arrange for their own lodgings.
House 1 -- Danshøjvej 42 Valby, Denmark 2500, AirBnBmaps from 2014-09-25 until 2014-09-29. There are 6 single beds and 1 double bed (for 2) and two couch spaces. All the people arriving on the 25th are going to be in this house.
IMPORTANT: There is a cat in the house. We have to pay a cleaning fee to have the house cleaned and the cat moved outside for the weekend. Are any of the attendees staying in this house deathly allergic to cats? (There are two rooms in the basement of this house where the cat never goes, that might be sufficient). If you have problems being in a house with a cat, speak up now!
Travel notes: Use "rejseplanen.dk" to figure out the fastest/easiest way to get from the airport to here.
- Geordi: Workflows & label interactions
- How healthy is the MusicBrainz community?
- Genres: Our plan for implementing them for May
- Potential future uses of tracks and track mbids (brainstorming/breakout session?)
- Official consumer oriented MusicBrainz site (eg. MusicBottle/mbjs): form action plan/get things rolling (another breakout session?). Should this integrate with CritiqueBrainz, and if so how?
- Release packaging types - is it worth storing this information, and how can we manage the ever-increasing variety?
- Standalone recordings - conversion to single track releases (ijabz)
- Adding discogs database to Musicbrainz to allow better reports, better use of Discogs data (ijabz)
- Area bot and geonames project.
- Reviving edit system improvements (not NES! NES is dead!)
- Data quality/peer review - about 5 out of every 6 edits made each week aren't voted on, so how can we do this better?
- BBC Proms - the BBC needs to get the Proms data into MB for the next season.
- General state of MusicBrainz and MetaBrainz (ruaok)
- Data format, /ws/3, editable WS exploration (ianmcorvidae)
- geordi (ianmcorvidae, assuming I don't totally fail at having something decent to show)
- musicbrainz-style and community improvement (ianmcorvidae)
- Introduction to Zikme
People confirmed to be attending
|Freso||1984-11-24||???||Born, raised, and living here. :)|
|ruaok||2014-09-24 15:30||Norwegian DY3657||2014-09-29 20:30||Norwegian DY5175||Free Wifi!!|
|nikki||2014-09-25 10:08||CNL40457||2014-09-29 18:46||CNL40473|
|reosarevok||2014-09-25 10:20||BT131||2014-09-30 08:05||BT134|
|bitmap||2014-09-25 10:25||Air Canada AC 882||2014-09-29 17:10|
|Zas||2014-09-25 16:30||EZS1151||2014-09-30 12:15||EZS1152||Arriving from Basel|
|chirlu||2014-09-25 somewhen||Øresundståg||2014-09-29 11:42||ICE 34||arriving from/via Sweden|
|hidarang||2014-09-26 09:40||EZY3091||2014-09-29 20:50||EZY5370|
|kepstin||2014-09-26 10:25||Air Canada AC 882||2014-09-29 12:20||Air Canada AC 883||Gonna be a long flight.|
|cedric||2014-09-26 14:30||AirFrance AF1850||2014-09-29 09:55||AirFrance AF1751||Pleased to come!|
|LordSputnik||2014-09-26 16:25||EZY5367||2014-09-29 20:50||EZY5370|
|kloeri||Contact person for venue|
|Liq||-||-||-||-||Friend of Freso|
Feel free to additionally give word of your attendance on the Facebook event.
Important things to not forget, but that will be forgotten anyway
- Offerings for the resident cat