MusicBrainz Summit 14 will happen in Copenhagen, Denmark on September 26–28, 2014.
Spotify and Google are sponsoring our summit again! 7Digital is considering sponsoring us as well.
MetaBrainz will cover the cost of lodgings and all food for the weekend. We've rented one house and are in the process of renting another. Please sign up below if you plan to stay in one of the sponsored lodgings. People attending who work for MusicBrainz' partner companies are requested to arrange for their own lodgings.
House 1 -- AirBnB house from 2014-09-25 until 2014-09-29. There are 6 single beds and 1 double bed (for 2) and two couch spaces. All the people arriving on the 25th are going to be in this house.
IMPORTANT: There is a cat in the house. We have to pay a cleaning fee to have the house cleaned and the cat moved outside for the weekend. Are any of the attendees staying in this house deathly allergic to cats? (There are two rooms in the basement of this house where the cat never goes, that might be sufficient). If you have problems being in a house with a cat, speak up now!
- Cédric (Zikme)
- Guillaume (Zikme)
- [empty spot!]
House 2 -- location to be determined. This house will be rented from the 26th - 29th, so all the people arriving on the 26th will go into this house.
- Geordi: Workflows & label interactions
- Sysadmin planning (moving to EU/cloud hosting, reducing self hosted services)
- How healthy is the MusicBrainz community?
- Genres: could we finally agree on at least something and implement it in May? (ambitious!)
- Potential future uses of tracks and track mbids (brainstorming/breakout session?)
- Official consumer oriented MusicBrainz site (eg. MusicBottle/mbjs): form action plan/get things rolling (another breakout session?). Should this integrate with CritiqueBrainz, and if so how?
- Release packaging types - is it worth storing this information, and how can we manage the ever-increasing variety?
- Standalone recordings - conversion to single track releases (ijabz)
- Adding discogs database to Musicbrainz to allow better reports, better use of Discogs data (ijabz)
- General state of MusicBrainz and MetaBrainz (ruaok)
- Data format, /ws/3, editable WS exploration (ianmcorvidae)
- geordi (ianmcorvidae, assuming I don't totally fail at having something decent to show)
- musicbrainz-style and community improvement (ianmcorvidae)
- Something from the Zikme people? :D
People confirmed to be attending
|Freso||1984-11-24||???||Born, raised, and living here. :)|
|ruaok||2014-09-24 15:30||Norwegian DY3657||2014-09-29 20:30||Norwegian DY5175||Free Wifi!!|
|nikki||2014-09-25 10:08||CNL40457||2014-09-29 18:46||CNL40473|
|reosarevok||2014-09-25 10:20||BT131||2014-09-30 08:05||BT134|
|bitmap||2014-09-25 10:25||Air Canada AC 882||2014-09-29 17:10|
|Zas||2014-09-25 16:30||EZS1151||2014-09-30 12:30||EZS1152||Arriving from Basel|
|chirlu||2014-09-25 somewhen||Øresundståg||2014-09-29 11:42||ICE 34||arriving from/via Sweden|
|navap||2014-09-26 10:25||Air Canada AC 882||2014-09-29 12:20||Air Canada AC 883||Non-stop, woohoo!|
|kepstin||Gonna be a long flight.|
|cedric||2014-09-26 14:30||AirFrance AF1850||2014-09-29 09:55||AirFrance AF1751||Pleased to come!|
|LordSputnik||2014-09-26 16:25||EZY5367||2014-09-29 20:50||EZY5370|
|kloeri||Contact person for venue|
|Liq||-||-||-||-||Friend of Freso
Feel free to additionally give word of your attendance on the Facebook event.
Important things to not forget, but that will be forgotten anyway
- Offerings for the resident cat