Summit 19 is going to happen between September 27 and September 29 2019, at MetaBrainz HQ in Barcelona, Spain.
The days leading up to and after the 27th-29th are for socializing and for meetings other than the main sessions. And for the first time ever, we will have three prizes to give away to attendees: 2 Bose Noise cancelling headphones and 1 Bose home audio system.
Summit attendees this year.
|Arrival date||Arrival transport||Departure date||Departure transport||Lodging||Food Preference||T-Shirt Size|
|aidanlw17||Sept. 25||Plane||Sept. 30||Plane||airbnb||all!||L|
|jflory||2019-09-25||Plane||2019-09-30||Plane||yes||Pescetarian (🌱 + seafood)||S|
We've reserved two AirBnBs with space for a total of 12 people. If we need more space, we'll rent another one closer to the time:
|Name||Address||Number of people||Number of rooms||Number of beds||check-in||check-out||notes|
|Ciutatella Parc 4-2||Passeig de Pujades, 25, 4-2||6||3||5||2019-09-25||2018-10-01||pristine, akhilesh, cyna, aidanlw17|
|Ciutatella Parc 4-?||Passeig de Pujades, 25, 4-?||6||3||5||2019-09-25||2018-10-01||Freso, yvanzo|
|Mayhem's House||-||2||2||2||-||-||Ruaok, Guest room: Zas|
Here is a short video to help you unlock the office doors and barge in with chocolates.
- Why do we not have any napkins?
- Caching: How can we do better on an HTTP/object/microcaching level?
- Tools for moderating MusicBrainz
Schedule of Events
The two main days of the Summit are the 28th and 29th -- if you can only attend 2 days, make it these. Other days are for socializing and exploring Barcelona a little.
Wednesday, September 25th
Arrival, no real plans. Rest!
Dinner: Impromptu, fend for yourself.
Thursday, September 26th
Fun day! What fun things should we do? We've done Sagrada Familia, Montjuic and other things. BBQ at the AirBnB, for sure.
If you are arriving to BCN during the day, ping us on IRC and we'll find a way to connect.
Friday, September 27th
Team days / breakout sessions
Dinner: Flax & Kale, Sant Pere Mes Alt 31 ( https://goo.gl/maps/oRdcWZhTpDR2 )
Saturday, September 28th
Main summit sessions, followed by dinner
Dinner: Cuines Santa Caterina, Avinguda de Francesc Cambó, 16, ( https://goo.gl/maps/KHye719vjkB2 )
Sunday, September 29th
Main summit sessions, close by mid-afternoon.
Lunch: Pizza from around the corner
Monday, October 1st
- TBD. Perhaps another visit to the MTG?
Very important: Barcelona is a very safe city, save for pick-pockets. Once you leave your plane/train, make sure your wallet/passport/laptop is secured! Ideally important things will be under two zippers or better. Never walk with a wallet in your back pocket, unless it is secured! A cross-body purse or bag is also recommended.
Check out this handy google map of the locations you may need to find during the summit:
Metro and buses
In any metro station you can buy tickets which are valid on the bus system, metro, and commuter trains within the Barcelona city limits. Buy a T-10 ticket, which will give you 10 trips for about 10€. Ignore any message about not being able to use the tickets to go to the airport. Insert the ticket in a reader at a metro turnstile or when entering a bus. You can transfer from one mode of transport to another (e.g. metro to bus or between two buses) for free within 75 minutes of the first time you use your ticket. Make sure you swipe again when you enter the new transport. Even multiple people are allowed to travel on the same card -- you just need to pass the card backward so the next person can pass through the turnstile. If you travel with others on the same card, make sure to stay together in case you encounter a ticket inspector. The fee for getting caught for a ticket mishap is 100€.
More information on TMB
Barcelona does not have services like Uber and Cabify; though the taxi system here is clean and quite nice -- some of them belong to MyTaxi and you request and pay these taxi's via an app: Download the app or for more info: mytaxi
Navigation: Google maps has pretty good public transit directions. Even better is Citymapper
Arriving by train
If you arrive at Barcelona Sants, you can take the Rodalies train from platform 8 all the way to Arc de Triomf, which is where the office and AirBnBs are.
Arriving by plane
If you arrive into the BCN airport either Terminal 1 or Terminal 2, follow the signs to the buses, taxis, or metro.
- Aerobus: look for the light blue Aerobus. 5.90€ one way or 10.20€ round-trip this is the fastest and easiest way to get to into the city. The bus has free (slow) WiFi and a place to charge your phone! To make things easier, purchase and print your Aerobus tickets ahead of time. Take the aerobus to Plaça España, the first stop. From there, transfer to the Metro line L1 (red) and take it a few stops to Arc de Triomf. See above for tips on how to use the metro.
- Taxi: There is a taxi line outside both terminals. Average cost is around ~35€ for being dropped of near the Arc de Triomf.
There are other options for getting into town. Be warned: These are cheaper yet considerably slower options:
- City bus: The one way cost is 2.15€ and the route ends at Plaça España, via Bus #46. It leaves from the bus area every 15-20 minutes, between 5am-Midnight.
- Metro: The L9 leaves from both T1 and T2. Transfer to the Red Line (L1) at Torrassa, and proceed to take the L1 till Arc de Triomf.
Emergency phone numbers
- 112 ALL general emergencies
- 061 Medical Emergencies
- 080 Fire Emergencies
- 088 Police (Mossos d'Esquadra)