MusicBrainz Summit/2012 Mini-Summit
This mini-summit is aimed at introducing customers and other people who use MusicBrainz data to the MusicBrainz team. We would like to discuss how MusicBrainz and its community can work more closely with its customers. The summit will take place in London on Jan 30, 2012, starting at 10am - 6pm. After the summit is over, we're going to have a pint at a nearby pub.
If you are interested in attending, please send mail to rob at musicbrainz dot org. Please tell us who you are and what sorts of topics you'd like to see covered at the summit.
|reosarevok||MusicBrainz||confirmed||Better coordination with the BBC for new artists / BBC Introducing|
|Andy Puleston||BBC||confirmed||product and roadmap updates; potential for extending the data; extending ARs around recordings|
|Dan Gravell||elsten software||confirmed||Meeting the community, learning of new developments, and understanding how MusicBrainz is developing for application developers|
|Last.fm person #2||last.fm||confirmed|
|Last.fm person #3||last.fm||tentative|
|Marco Oliveira||Triworks (Megabox)||tentative|
|Dan Simpson||Sony DADC||confirmed|
|Justin Barker||Universal Music||confirmed|
Other orgs invited, but not attending: EMI, Guardian, Songkick
Most likely at the BBC in London W1 (near Oxford Circus). Attendees who have expressed interest will get a confirmation email with all the details closer to the date.
To be determined, based on attendee feedback. This summit is being held for the benefit of MusicBrainz users/customers and we're taking suggestions about what topics should be covered at the summit.
- last.fm artist URL relationships in MusicBrainz
- How does last.fm map to MBIDs?
- Can http://www.last.fm/mbid/<MBID> URL be safely used? Is it public and will it stay available?
- How often are new links pulled for artists (official homepage, myspace, etc.)? BBC does it (somehow) instantly…
- is an API planned to get the list of reviews (to cross-link them from MB)?
- some reviews are not yet (or not anymore) linked to an MB release, is it planned to do this? Can MB editors help?
- Works Data