Difference between revisions of "MusicBrainz Summit/7"

From MusicBrainz Wiki
((Imported from MoinMoin))
(Added my two cents (Imported from MoinMoin))
Line 8: Line 8:
 
When adding yourself, please indicate how and when you might be arriving.  
 
When adding yourself, please indicate how and when you might be arriving.  
 
* [[User:RobertKaye|RobertKaye]]  
 
* [[User:RobertKaye|RobertKaye]]  
** Arriving via U-Bahn (U1) to meet the first attendees  
+
<ul><li style="list-style-type:none">Arriving via U-Bahn (U1) to meet the first attendees  
 
+
</ul>
 
* Lukáš Lalinský ([[Lu Kz|LuKz]])  
 
* Lukáš Lalinský ([[Lu Kz|LuKz]])  
 
* Björn Krombholz ([[User:Fuchs|Fuchs]])  
 
* Björn Krombholz ([[User:Fuchs|Fuchs]])  
** Arriving with car (?) - if anyone needs a ride from one place between Rostock-Hamburg (e.g. Lübeck), tell me)  
+
<ul><li style="list-style-type:none">Arriving with car (?) - if anyone needs a ride from one place between Rostock-Hamburg (e.g. Lübeck), tell me)  
 
+
</ul>
 
* Simon Reinhardt ([[User:Shepard|Shepard]])  
 
* Simon Reinhardt ([[User:Shepard|Shepard]])  
 
* Christoph Koenig ([[User:DonRedman|DonRedman]])  
 
* Christoph Koenig ([[User:DonRedman|DonRedman]])  
** Arriving via S-Bahn (S11/S1)  
+
<ul><li style="list-style-type:none">Living there. Arriving via S-Bahn (S11/S1) I can host up to two people at my place.
 
+
</ul>
 
* [[User:MatthewExon|MatthewExon]]  
 
* [[User:MatthewExon|MatthewExon]]  
  
Line 42: Line 42:
 
# Send off hackers  
 
# Send off hackers  
  
===Agenda===
+
==Agenda==
  
 
Please add items to the agenda you'd like to discuss:  
 
Please add items to the agenda you'd like to discuss:  
# State of the project and the non-profit  
+
* State of the project and the non-profit  
# Dicuss album rework proposal (to add UPC/EAN, ISRC codes)  
+
* Dicuss album rework proposal (to add UPC/EAN, ISRC codes)  
# Solving feat. problems on the track level (reorganization of UI to match DB possibilities as n-n relations between the tables)  
+
* Solving feat. problems on the track level (reorganization of UI to match DB possibilities as n-n relations between the tables)  
# Adding Events and Labels to AR  
+
* Adding Events and Labels to AR ([[Advanced Entity|AdvancedEntity]]).
# Prioritize desired features for the next year  
+
* Prioritize desired features for the next year  
# Generalization of album/track/artist concept ([[Release Groups|ReleaseGroups]], abstract albums/tracks + album/track grouping for AR and better representation)  
+
* Generalization of album/track/artist concept ([[Release Groups|ReleaseGroups]], abstract albums/tracks + album/track grouping for AR and better representation)  
# TRM/fingerprinting status, plan for removal/improvment  
+
* TRM/fingerprinting status, plan for removal/improvment  
 +
* [[Picard Tagger|PicardTagger]]: When will it be ready to do what? How will this affect the rest of [[MusicBrainz]] (resources, growth,...)
 +
* Expanding the data set to include subjective information (folksonomy, reviews, etc.):
 +
** Do we want that?
 +
** How would it work? (Would it work at all?)
 +
** How and when to implement what.
 +
 
 +
* Think very generally about the growth of [[MusicBrainz]]: What changes will be required to manage that, and to prevent chaos? (FAQ-O-Matic, [[WikiDocs]], Nabble or Forums, Social statistics [like rating of artists' and editors' matureness by 0-5 stars], usage info from the Tagger,...)
  
 
[[Category:To Be Reviewed]]
 
[[Category:To Be Reviewed]]

Revision as of 10:10, 19 October 2005

(See also the list of other MusicBrainzSummits)

The MusicBrainz summit 7 will take place in Hamburg, Germany on Dec 3rd 2005.

Confirmed participants

When adding yourself, please indicate how and when you might be arriving.

  • Arriving via U-Bahn (U1) to meet the first attendees
  • Lukáš Lalinský (LuKz)
  • Björn Krombholz (Fuchs)
  • Arriving with car (?) - if anyone needs a ride from one place between Rostock-Hamburg (e.g. Lübeck), tell me)
  • Living there. Arriving via S-Bahn (S11/S1) I can host up to two people at my place.

Schedule

Friday Evening, Dec 2nd

  1. Meet at Hamburg Hbf (Central station), around 18:00 in the "Wandelhalle" (west-end of train station) near the "Glockengiesserwall" exit
  2. Stash luggage/gear as necessary
  3. Dinner
  4. Head home to Don or Rob's place

Saturday, Dec 3rd

  1. Summit 7 meetings starting at 11:00. Location to be determined.
  2. Break for lunch
  3. Conclude with dinner
  4. Relax with drinks and record MusicBrainz team drinking song, so we can AR ourselves as artists (what about Alkohol from Herbert Grönemeyer? ;-) )

Sunday, Dec 4th

  1. Send off those who need to get home
  2. Group hacking on a small project for those that are inclined and can stay a little longer
  3. Send off hackers

Agenda

Please add items to the agenda you'd like to discuss:

  • State of the project and the non-profit
  • Dicuss album rework proposal (to add UPC/EAN, ISRC codes)
  • Solving feat. problems on the track level (reorganization of UI to match DB possibilities as n-n relations between the tables)
  • Adding Events and Labels to AR (AdvancedEntity).
  • Prioritize desired features for the next year
  • Generalization of album/track/artist concept (ReleaseGroups, abstract albums/tracks + album/track grouping for AR and better representation)
  • TRM/fingerprinting status, plan for removal/improvment
  • PicardTagger: When will it be ready to do what? How will this affect the rest of MusicBrainz (resources, growth,...)
  • Expanding the data set to include subjective information (folksonomy, reviews, etc.):
    • Do we want that?
    • How would it work? (Would it work at all?)
    • How and when to implement what.
  • Think very generally about the growth of MusicBrainz: What changes will be required to manage that, and to prevent chaos? (FAQ-O-Matic, WikiDocs, Nabble or Forums, Social statistics [like rating of artists' and editors' matureness by 0-5 stars], usage info from the Tagger,...)