(See also the list of other MusicBrainzSummit
The MusicBrainz summit 7 will take place in Hamburg, Germany on Dec 3rd 2005.
When adding yourself, please indicate how and when you might be arriving.
- Arriving via U-Bahn (U1) to meet the first attendees
- Arriving with car (?) - if anyone needs a ride from one place between Rostock-Hamburg (e.g. Lübeck), tell me)
- Living there. Arriving via S-Bahn (S11/S1) I can host up to two people at my place.
Friday Evening, Dec 2nd
- Meet at Hamburg Hbf (Central station), around 18:00 in the "Wandelhalle" (west-end of train station) near the "Glockengiesserwall" exit
- Stash luggage/gear as necessary
- Head home to Don or Rob's place
Saturday, Dec 3rd
$150 that we have earned in Amazon referral fees will be available for buying food/beer!
- Summit 7 meetings starting at 11:00. Location to be determined.
- Break for lunch
- Conclude with dinner
- Relax with drinks and record MusicBrainz team drinking song, so we can AR ourselves as artists (what about Alkohol from Herbert Grönemeyer? ;-) )
Sunday, Dec 4th
- Send off those who need to get home
- Group hacking on a small project for those that are inclined and can stay a little longer
- Send off hackers
Please add items to the agenda you'd like to discuss:
- State of the project and the non-profit
- Get to understand AdvancedRelationships. How do the new DB possibilities of n-n relations between the tables affect
- the overall database structure (e.g. What is the function of the primary artist field?)
- the searching functionality (e.g. Which ARs should be queried when searching for an artist name?)
- the reorganization of the user interface (i.e. display of the data onthe website)
- the PicardTagger
- The RDF schema and the protocols by which clients and server communicate.
Find solutions for current problems around this issue (e.g. the despised FeaturingArtistStyle), prioritize work on this.
- . Adding Events and Labels to AR (AdvancedEntity).
- Discuss album rework proposal (to add UPC/EAN, ISRC codes; ReleaseDataSet)
- Generalization of album/track/artist concept (ReleaseGroups, abstract albums/tracks + album/track grouping for AR and better representation, also AdvancedEntity)
- TRM/fingerprinting status, plan for removal/improvment
- When will it be ready to do what? How will this affect the rest of MusicBrainz (resources, growth,...)
- Expanding the tagging process:
- make more use of the data in the db (for example put info from AR into ID3 fields, like "is a cover of"->original performer)
- support a scripting language to allow individual user defined tagging preferences (put all words upper case, put this value in that field, move those files in that directory)
- Expanding the data set to include subjective information (folksonomy, reviews, etc.):
- Do we want that?
- How would it work? (Would it work at all?)
- How and when to implement what.
- Think very generally about the growth of MusicBrainz: What changes will be required to manage that, and to prevent chaos? (FAQ-O-Matic, WikiDocs, Nabble or Forums, Social statistics [like rating of artists' and editors' matureness by 0-5 stars], usage info from the Tagger,...)
- Prioritize desired features for the next year