(See also the list of other MusicBrainzSummit
The MusicBrainz summit 7 will take place in Hamburg, Germany on Dec 3rd 2005.
When adding yourself, please indicate how and when you might be arriving.
- Arriving via U-Bahn (U1) to meet the first attendees
- Arriving with car (?) - if anyone needs a ride from one place between Rostock-Hamburg (e.g. Lübeck), tell me)
- Living there. Arriving via S-Bahn (S11/S1) I can host up to two people at my place.
Friday Evening, Dec 2nd
- Meet at Hamburg Hbf (Central station), around 18:00 in the "Wandelhalle" (west-end of train station) near the "Glockengiesserwall" exit
- Stash luggage/gear as necessary
- Head home to Don or Rob's place
Saturday, Dec 3rd
- Summit 7 meetings starting at 11:00. Location to be determined.
- Break for lunch
- Conclude with dinner
- Relax with drinks and record MusicBrainz team drinking song, so we can AR ourselves as artists (what about Alkohol from Herbert Grönemeyer? ;-) )
Sunday, Dec 4th
- Send off those who need to get home
- Group hacking on a small project for those that are inclined and can stay a little longer
- Send off hackers
Please add items to the agenda you'd like to discuss:
- State of the project and the non-profit
- Dicuss album rework proposal (to add UPC/EAN, ISRC codes)
- Solving feat. problems on the track level (reorganization of UI to match DB possibilities as n-n relations between the tables)
- Adding Events and Labels to AR (AdvancedEntity).
- Prioritize desired features for the next year
- Generalization of album/track/artist concept (ReleaseGroups, abstract albums/tracks + album/track grouping for AR and better representation)
- TRM/fingerprinting status, plan for removal/improvment
- PicardTagger: When will it be ready to do what? How will this affect the rest of MusicBrainz (resources, growth,...)
- Expanding the data set to include subjective information (folksonomy, reviews, etc.):
- Do we want that?
- How would it work? (Would it work at all?)
- How and when to implement what.