This summit is still in the pipelines, all that is confirmed so far is that it will be 10/05/2008 (that's May, not October - sorry US folks) in "London." Vague? Nah ;) More details to come soon!
If you're planning on attending put your name down below. Don't worry - doesn't have to be definite, but it's nice to have a rough idea :)
- OliverCharles (SoC student) arriving Euston 17:40 9 May, leaving 11th at 9:40am
- Muz (Last.fm, lives in London)
- Sonium (AlexanderHupfer, SoC Student) arriving Heathrow 19:05 9 May
- Niklas Berglund (SoC student) arriving Stansted 22:25 9 May
- OutsideContext (SoC mentor) arriving Stansted 17:30 9 May
- RobertKaye (MetaBrainz) arriving Heathrow 14:05 8 May
- dmppanda (benevolent dictator in wait) arriving St-Pancras 22:34 9 May, leaving 20h35 11 May (booked tickets, to be confirmed ASAP)
- Matthew Wood (BBC) (lives in London)
- Nick Humphrey (BBC) (lives in London)
- ijabz (Paul Taylor, Jaikoz developer - lives in Leeds,UK ) probably - arriving by train Friday afternoon.
- Richard Baffoe-Djan (Queen Mary University C4DM) (lives in London)
- kuno, aka warp. arriving at St. Pancras on friday 20:00, leaving on sunday, around 14:00.
- Nikki (University College London, lives in London)
- DaveEvans (BBC, mb sysadmin, and erstwhile mb_server hacker)
The following people have been paired up for crashing:
- Muz: Sonium & Niklas
- Nikki: OliverCharles
Here are some of the topics that we should discuss at the summit -- these topics are a must:
- Google Summer of Code -- All three students and two mentors will be present.
- MusicBrainz server development over the summer. Perl, python, Template::Toolkit
- Picard and Alexander's SoC project to improve usability
- Niklas Berglund's Music Collection project for SoC
- Next Generation Schema (NGS) and how that is impacted by the summer coding sprint
- The BBC's efforts to help MusicBrainz with NGS.
If you would like to propose more things to be added, please do so below:
- Moving to mod_perl 2, but I suspect that's covered by "server development", above - DaveEvans
- [ your idea here ]