The MusicBrainz Wiki
The MusicBrainzWiki is located at http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/.
You'll need to log in to get to some pages; see WikiSpamProtection.
Also all email addresses in pages are automatically obfuscated to protect them from "harvesting".
There are a couple of pages which control who is able to do what in this wiki. The exact rights are:
- Everybody can read and write normal pages.
- Logged in users can read, write, and revert normal pages.
- Members of the PageDeletorGroup can read, write, revert, and delete normal pages.
- Page deletors must be very careful to never rename WikiDocsPage
- Members of the MoinPagesEditorGroup can read, write, revert, and delete special SystemPages.
- Members or the AdminGroup can read, write, revert, and delete all pages. Additionally they can change ACLs (see HelpOnAccessControlLists) and edit special pages, like
These rights are defined like so:
acl_rights_before = 'AdminGroup:read,write,revert,delete,admin' acl_rights_default = 'PageDeletorGroup:read,write,revert,delete Known:read,write,revert All:read,write'
Note that deleting a page is not a dangerous thing. It can be reverted quickly. However, renaming a page can destroy a transcluded WikiDocs page (DontRenameWikiDocsPages!). Since MoinMoin has no special "rename" right (renaming requires read, write, and delete), we are very reluctant to give out delete rights.
Status of the Wiki
This wiki is a permanent WIP (work in progress). The project to RestructureTheWiki is largely complete and we are now RestructuringTheDocumentation. There is information on the StatusOfThisWiki to tell you which parts are stable and which are "in progress". Things will probaly get worse during the time we implement WikiDocs.